• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 50ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have flown with LegacyDriver and he does a very nice job. If he says the Legacy is much easier than 50 i believe him. For him. Every pilot is as different as these airplanes and arguing the point is a very arbritary and futile point. I have to admit, I like the 50 as well, but simply not as much as my previous airplane. When it boils down, LD comes from a plane based off an airliner and has 1996 technology as opposed to a plane based on 1970s technology. Perhaps our friend LD is just a techie and like the new stuff. :D

What about the midair in Brazil with the airliner and the Legacy (I think it was a Legacy). Looked pretty durable if it took that hit if memory serves me. The airliner didn't fare so well (which doesn't prove anything).

Just another point...

What you guys should be arguing, even though this has been entertaining, is why you are accepting such low end pay for a high end airframe?

Trust me we've all been beating oursleves over the head about the low pay... It is what it is. A crystal ball is always nice but mine has been deferred inop. (Also, though we are the lowest paid 50 drivers around, I believe starting salary is over $70K and bumps up significantly after end of probation--six months. Your $63K assertion is way off.)

From my perspective the point is about the 50EX and alternatives to it.

As you can see, once people start losing the argument about the EMB they assault the messenger. Implications that I'm inexperienced or am a sucky pilot, overly biased, "the 'only' person in the world" who says good things about the airplane, etc..

I take that as a sign my contention is valid, otherwise, why stoop to ad hominem attacks?

Then there is the tactic of using the A1P Legacy I and its well known deficiencies to impugn the Legacy 600. It would be like saying a 737-700 sucks because the 737-200 had turbojets instead of fans.

And of course, everytime someone loses the battle over the EMB they trot out the old Rio EMB-145 crash where the fuselage broke. This my friends is also a red herring. The plane crashed due to pilot error yet managed to taxi off the runway with no serious injuries. Even though the airplane was *crashed* and impacted the ground with a force that greatly exceeded design limits, EMB (to their credit) went back and added additional structure to the fuselage to prevent this from happening again.

That said, the moment of the engines, baggage, and behind-the-wing/aft-of-wing passengers on a 145 is much higher than that on the Legacy because the fuselage is so much shorter on the latter. A 135 probably would have stayed intact without the additional support, and all 145s in service today would as well due to a design change.

Again, the Rio plane was *crashed* due to pilot error and it is quite fortunate nobody was killed. That the plane taxiied under its own power off the runway is flat out amazing.

I do not see it as an indictment of the Legacy or its relatives in any way.

Last edited:
Not sure where you get that 63k figure but I can assure you that starting pay is more than that with a raise after probation. With bonus and stock it is North of 100k in the first year. And, don't forget to add in a great schedule with Texas hill country living!

LegacyDriver is passionate about the Emb that's all. I second what CRJCA wrote.

Cheers- Rum

Trust me we've all been beating oursleves over the head about the low pay... It is what it is. A crystal ball is always nice but mine has been deferred inop.

From my perspective the point is about the 50EX and alternatives to it.

As you can see, once people start losing the argument about the EMB they assault the messenger. Implications that I'm inexperienced or am a sucky pilot, overly biased, "the 'only' person in the world" who says good things about the airplane, etc..

I take that as a sign my contention is valid, otherwise, why stoop to ad hominem attacks?

Of course the old Rio EMB-145 crash where the fuselage broke is also a red herring. The plane crashed due to pilot error yet managed to taxi off the runway with no serious injuries. Even though the airplane was *crashed* and impacted the ground with a force that greatly exceeded design limits, EMB (to their credit) went back and added additional structure to the fuselage to prevent this from happening again.

That said, the moment of the engines on a 145 is much higher than that on the Legacy because the fuselage is so much shorter on the latter. A 135 probably would have stayed intact without the additional support, and all 145s in service today would as well due to a design change.

Again, the Rio plane was *crashed* due to pilot error and it is quite fortunate nobody was killed. That the plane taxiied under its own power off the runway is flat out amazing.

I do not see it as an indictment of the Legacy or its relatives in any way.

Not to mention that a Eastern DC-9 did the same thing, but everyone still climbs on them daily.

People always bash what they are not familiar with.

I have flown with LegacyDriver and he does a very nice job. If he says the Legacy is much easier than 50 i believe him. For him. Every pilot is as different as these airplanes and arguing the point is a very arbritary and futile point. I have to admit, I like the 50 as well, but simply not as much as my previous airplane. When it boils down, LD comes from a plane based off an airliner and has 1996 technology as opposed to a plane based on 1970s technology. Perhaps our friend LD is just a techie and like the new stuff. :D

remember when Legacy Driver was exposed here for answering himself with 3-4 different screen names?

rumrnr78
CRJCA
Skull One

humm....

:erm:

remember when Legacy Driver was exposed here for answering himself with 3-4 different screen names?

rumrnr78
CRJCA
Skull One

humm....

:erm:
LegacyDriver is a friend of mine as is CRJCA. I can assure you we are 3 different people. Check previous posts for proof- Cheers Rum (ex-Flexjetter)

LegacyDriver is a friend of mine as is CRJCA. I can assure you we are 3 different people. Check previous posts for proof- Cheers Rum (ex-Flexjetter)

No kidding! Why would I bother to *pay* for two extra memberships?
Once again, G200 can't win an argument with *facts* so he tries to attack my integrity.

The identities he refers to were actually, LegacyDriver, ERJ-140, and Vraciu. I had to re-register because FalconCapt couldn't beat me in a fair fight and locked down my account. We have long since buried the hatchet and that's why I'm here as LD.

If G200 ever stuck to the point of a thread the world would screech to a halt. No shocker he's at it again as usual.

Zzzzzzzzzz.....

Latest resources

Back