• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 50ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let 'em have their fun, Rum. They've never won an argument on substance and the trend continues.

I've got way thicker skin than any of these rabble rousers can pierce, regardless. *shrug*

*Grabs Marshmallows and Stick*

*Dons Fireproof Suit*

Last edited:
LD,

I will be in 50EX recurrent in TEB starting tomorrow. I will keep my eyes open for any information that I can gather about the x-wind handling of the 50EX. Unlike some, I always enjoy going to recurrent. It allows me to get a good feeling of the problem areas that operators are seeing.

I'll report back!

If you're in recurrent on the 50EX then you're not Teddy...

I'm sure he'd be pleased to know you impersonated him.

I, too, intend to fully explore the X-Wind capability of the 50EX in my next sim. As a buddy of mine said, "What is a good crosswind landing in the 50EX may not be the same thing as what is a good crosswind landing in a Legacy." That is an interesting perspective.

I heard its supposed to be windy at TEB on Wednesday?

gusty xwinds....

teddy ruxpin?

:confused:

LD,

I will be in 50EX recurrent in TEB starting tomorrow. I will keep my eyes open for any information that I can gather about the x-wind handling of the 50EX. Unlike some, I always enjoy going to recurrent. It allows me to get a good feeling of the problem areas that operators are seeing.

I'll report back!

I think the issue here is landing ailerons "neutral". Many of us are used to being able to dip a wing on landing. So far, I have been keeping the airplane in a crab and a little upwind of centerline. At about 10 feet I take the crab out. Seems to work OK but I know in the Challenger product, I was fully confident after 100 hours. Not so much in the Falcon. Definitely gets the blood pressure going.
Now, if I could only land like CRJCA, that would be smoooooth!;)

Latest resources

Back