Does JetBlue have career FO's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fr8dog is absolutely correct:

From the FCOM: "Failure to complete the 3rd upgrade attempt may result in termination."

I can think of 5 or so who have chosen to stay in the right seat after their unsuccessful attempts.

Everyone else is a QOL issue.

Happy landings

"Whaddya think: we have about 200 more (future captains) to hire, than everyone else after that will be a permanent FO."

Maybe for the 320 but there at least 1000 more needed for RJ captains. Plus retirements, there are pilots at B6 who will turn 60 eventually and attrition (I mean recalls).

We have 1600+ pilots on property and have orders out to 433 (233 airbii/200RJs) aircraft (about 130 aircraft today). Staffing goal is 7 pilots per seat.

Exactly, MEK. Airbus captains are almost all here, maybe I was wrong, maybe we have 300-400 to go. Retirements? Not as many as others. Attrition? You betcha if we don't fix some things. Either way, the prospect of a career 190 CA seems kinda ... ugh. BUT maybe the PCG brings those rates way up, mx reliability climbs back up (and stays) and maybe even productivity increases. Then and only then would being a 190 CA be just enough to get you some chicks at the local Applebee's happy hour.

:)

Applebees...I wish. I have been trying to hook up with this Sonic Drive through girl on skates....but then again, im not a 320 CA. Oh yes...maybe one day soon... I can dream of the Applebees girl of my dreams, with a side of boneless wings

MEK said:
"Whaddya think: we have about 200 more (future captains) to hire, than everyone else after that will be a permanent FO."

Maybe for the 320 but there at least 1000 more needed for RJ captains. Plus retirements, there are pilots at B6 who will turn 60 eventually and attrition (I mean recalls).

We have 1600+ pilots on property and have orders out to 433 (233 airbii/200RJs) aircraft (about 130 aircraft today). Staffing goal is 7 pilots per seat.

Are you counting all of our firm orders as well as our options? I'm not sure what the exact number is for the 320 (maybe 180 firm) plus 50 options but I know that we have 101 firm orders on the 190 and 99 options.

I think that we have hired guys right now that will never be an Airbus CA with out attrition and/or taking delivery of our options. The outlook for a new hire today at Jetblue is not very good with our low pay in the 190 and no chance of the left seat on the 320.

No chance?

stillflyn said:
The outlook for a new hire today at Jetblue is not very good with our low pay in the 190 and no chance of the left seat on the 320.

There would be a better chance if you quit/retire/recall/expire.

Bavarian Chef said:
... Attrition? You betcha if we don't fix some things. Either way, the prospect of a career 190 CA seems kinda ... ugh. BUT maybe the PCG brings those rates way up, mx reliability climbs back up (and stays) and maybe even productivity increases.
:)

This brings up an interesting question: Just how many Blue types will accept recall if those rates don't come up? I've heard that several Captain's have already left, with several more in the wings ready, especially since U's 190 bid had vacancies available for recalled pilots at a much higher pay rate than JB's.

NTS ALL 4 said:
There would be a better chance if you quit/retire/recall/expire.

Do you want me to blow sunshine up everyones a$$? Maybe I should have said "things are great... come on over, you'll be a CA on the 320 in no time at all."

Latest resources

Back