Does JetBlue have career FO's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

The reason I am asking is that at my prior airline we had a couple of FO's that were not able to pass their Captain upgrade and were let go after their second try. Two that I know now fly for JetBlue.
At United we have at least 500 permanent FO's. What happens if you can not upgrade at Blue?

Curious minds want to know?

Marty
back in SFO

My understanding is yes. There is no "up or out" policy here. On the other hand. We had one that busted upgrade twice, and then couldn't even pass the requal for the right seat. That pilot was let go.

MCDU said:
The reason I am asking is that at my prior airline we had a couple of FO's that were not able to pass their Captain upgrade and were let go after their second try. Two that I know now fly for JetBlue.
At United we have at least 500 permanent FO's. What happens if you can not upgrade at Blue?

Marty
back in SFO

500 FO's that are UNABLE to upgrade at UAL?? I find that hard to believe. Maybe 500 who don't upgrade because of the QOL they have in the FO seat, but that's a different story.

I thought this thread was about all of the dudes that will never upgrade to CA on the bus...

Whaddya think: we have about 200 more (future captains) to hire, than everyone else after that will be a permanent FO.

MCDU said:

Marty
back in SFO

If you fail your CA upgrade it is back to the right seat for one year before you are allowed to try again. Yes, I think we have some, though not many. And we also have some that don't upgrade for QOL.

A350 said:
Wait until 32LT10 hears of this!

A350
Odds are he is one of the 500

J32driver said:
My understanding is yes. There is no "up or out" policy here. On the other hand. We had one that busted upgrade twice, and then couldn't even pass the requal for the right seat. That pilot was let go.

Not arguing, but isn't it 2 tries and out the door if you flunk the 3rd?

Latest resources

Back