Does JetBlue have career FO's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skykid said:
Like I said, its a good myth for people who have the need to feel superior - "That other airline has 200 hour pilots hired because they are minorities - we're better, or that's why I didn't get hired." All a bunch of BS.

You must not have been around in the late Eighties/ early Nineties. UAL had an "internship" program at my University flight program, and at some other schools, as well. There were plenty of women and minorities and children of UAl pilots hired out of that program with only 450-650tt and no turbine time.

To deny that this was going on is laughable.

Yup... just ban him.. be done with the bull... so sick of that crap. Not professional at all.

I'm going fishing... again.. Peace I'm out.

It is long overdue and very refreshing to see the 32LT10 in red. FL717 nice post but I think the moderators removed his original reprhensible post. He didn't even have enough class, guts or courage to take it down himself.

Last edited:
Don't forget the time he was banned for making sexual comments about another posters daughter. A real class act. I'm pretty sure I know who he is based on similar anti-JetBlue rantings on the UAL-ALPA board, but having no way to prove it, I'll keep it to myself.

I don't think Bosley was the AirTran guy.

The accident happened 8/27 at 6:07 AM EDT and Bosley's last log in was 8/28 at 6:20 FI Time.

Ty Webb said:
You must not have been around in the late Eighties/ early Nineties. UAL had an "internship" program at my University flight program, and at some other schools, as well. There were plenty of women and minorities and children of UAl pilots hired out of that program with only 450-650tt and no turbine time.

To deny that this was going on is laughable.

Yah, I know (as we all do) a low time wonder that got hired at UAL through an internship at college who just got her multi....15 hrs worth....no turbine time and the only jet time she had was playing with little model airplanes. Wow, did she ever become cocky and arrogant. So much for being grateful or having some respect for those who got shot down with thousands more hours than she had because she was determined to be more "qualified" for the job. Shame on all those UAL pilots/HR people who were involved in hiring these "qualified" folks.

32LT10 said:
K-Mart said:
He is a real Richard Cranium that works for AAI. Suffers from the junior birdman syndrome and takes regular shots at UAL due to his inability to secure a job there.

32L...I hope that your gone for good. Your respect for others, and especially the Air Tran pilot who passed away, is clearly lacking. I seriously would have thought that an individual with your background (as you say anyway) would be able to maintain composure and have character enough to act as an adult here at FI. I think that you have shown us all that you can do neither and are not worthy of being here at all.

Take your lousy and arrogant attitude back to Denver or ORD and go back under that rock which you crawled out from. Please dont bother coming back here again............

Guitar rocker said:
Yah, I know (as we all do) a low time wonder that got hired at UAL through an internship at college who just got her multi....15 hrs worth....no turbine time and the only jet time she had was playing with little model airplanes. Wow, did she ever become cocky and arrogant. So much for being grateful or having some respect for those who got shot down with thousands more hours than she had because she was determined to be more "qualified" for the job. Shame on all those UAL pilots/HR people who were involved in hiring these "qualified" folks.

Still bitter you couldn't get hired in the other 99% of people United hired?

Hair-on-Fire said:
Still bitter you couldn't get hired in the other 99% of people United hired?

No, not at all. I am much better off where I am at right now than I would have ever been at UAL. I am not bitter that I didnt get hired, but I am bitter for some of my friends who had plenty of jet time time and PAID THEIR DUES that all got turned down so as to make way for the young college minorities who were found to be more "qualified." But, I can only guess that perhaps they too are much better off today not being at UAL either.

Your 99% figure is interesting and a bit high, wouldnt yah say? Seems like everytime I go through ORD or DEN, I count a lot of.....well, you know. They are everywhere. JS'ed on one UAL flight about 10 yrs ago....one of your young chk co-pilots, probably didnt even have a permissions slip to be out of class flying that 737, asked me what I was flying. She didnt know what a Brasilia was.....I am sure that she was familiar with carb heat and magnetos though....even your cptn on that flight was embarrassed by her question concerning the Brasilia. Thats what I mean about paying some dues.....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back