• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does JetBlue have career FO's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know that a number of UAL female furloughees were incensed to learn that they didn't meet the PIC requirements to get hired at some of the airlines that were hiring . . . . "But I was a 757 FO at United!" . . . .

Uh, huh. That and $1.72 will get you a cup of coffee at the LAX Starbucks, babe.

Ty Webb said:
I know that a number of UAL female furloughees were incensed to learn that they didn't meet the PIC requirements to get hired at some of the airlines that were hiring . . . . "But I was a 757 FO at United!" . . . .

Uh, huh. That and $1.72 will get you a cup of coffee at the LAX Starbucks, babe.

So you personally know "a number" of female UAL furloughees and they were all incensed? Give me a break. Maybe in your dreams.

In my dreams? uh, no. The last time a UAL female pilot has looked good enough to appear in my dreams was probably around Spring Break 1989

Do you actually doubt that were quite a few female FO's furloughed from United that had been hired there without 500 turbine PIC?

"But I was a 757 pilot for United Airlines!"

Anyone attending a job fair in 2002 could have seen/heard the incensed furloughed females squawking about it.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
In my dreams? uh, no. The last time a UAL female pilot has looked good enough to appear in my dreams was probably around Spring Break 1989

Do you actually doubt that were quite a few female FO's furloughed from United that had been hired there without 500 turbine PIC?

"But I was a 757 pilot for United Airlines!"

Anyone attending a job fair in 2002 could have seen/heard the incensed furloughed females squawking about it.

I dont actually know any furloughed UAL chks, but do know some that got hired with 800TT, a very few hrs of multi time and no PIC or turbine time....unless you want to count PIC time in a 172. I cant think of any other major US airline that has hired folks in the past with that type of experience to fly a passenger airliner around, let alone having 250TT as the minimums for an applicant.

If you want to make $79/hr max for your whole career and fly with the real senior eastern scabs, then I guess there probably are some career fo's at valujet. I don't know, is that right ty? LOL.

We got a of ton of scabs at United. Now that Miami is closed they are all over the place. Half of the former crews in MIA where Scabs.
So I guess some do not the history of United, because we and Continental are a Scab haven.

Thank you

Marty

I don't champion scabs or what they stand for....but if there is ever another strike against ALPA..I doubt they will ever be able to hold a picket line. They have alienated many pilots over the last few years.

Last edited:
seahorse said:
If you want to make $79/hr max for your whole career and fly with the real senior eastern scabs, then I guess there probably are some career fo's at valujet. I don't know, is that right ty? LOL.

Actually, that 79/hr is probably better than what the guys/GALS are getting at UAL. And as we know, there are plenty of scabs at UAL none the less.

Guitar rocker said:
Actually, that 79/hr is probably better than what the guys/GALS are getting at UAL.

Not true, pathetic no doubt but your statement is inaccurate. Narrow body tops out at $90 while 57/67's top out at $104 and $124 for the widebodies. While Airtran stops stone cold at $79.
http://airlinepilotcentral.com/images/stories/airlines/pay_ual2006.gif

vshttp://airlinepilotcentral.com/images/stories/airlines/PAY_AIRTRAN.gif

And as we know, there are plenty of scabs at UAL none the less.

Yep, we's gots them. Strange bunch no doubt mostly hired in 85. It's a wonder how we get planes off the ground with all the scabs and 15 hour female chick pilots we have and no red blooded anglo american apple pie eaten white guy's like you all to save them.....Sarcasm off.

Cheers

Last edited:
Why do the United pilots get so sensative to what was so obvious with their hiring quotas and profiles in the past?

Latest resources

Back