Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sea Hag = Chuckie

seahorse said:
If you want to make $79/hr max for your whole career and fly with the real senior eastern scabs, then I guess there probably are some career fo's at valujet. I don't know, is that right ty? LOL.

Why would anyone worry about 12th year FO pay at AirTran, unless they were a weak stick like Sea Hag? Upgrade is down to 2.5 years, and 70 more 73NG in the pipeline.

I have been in the left seat for two years here, and I haven't flown with anyone senior to me, so I don't think we have very many, but if Sea Hag could only get through the interview process, he could be our token non-upgradeable 737 guy . . . . too bad he can't get through the door.

Et tu, Chuckie?

koko nw said:
Yep, we's gots them. Strange bunch no doubt mostly hired in 85. It's a wonder how we get planes off the ground with all the scabs and 15 hour female chick pilots we have and no red blooded anglo american apple pie eaten white guy's like you all to save them.....Sarcasm off.

Cheers

The point, Chief, isn't that they are chicks or non-white, the point is that they were hired with low time and no turbine PIC at a time when there were plenty of high-time experienced white guys on the street.

Sarcasm back ON

Ty Webb said:
The point, Chief, isn't that they are chicks or non-white, the point is that they were hired with low time and no turbine PIC at a time when there were plenty of high-time experienced white guys on the street.

Sarcasm back ON

Like you right...Sport.

Look Tye I know you have a hard on with UAL and in particular with our hiring practices. Fine. If it's any consolation, I too find the Intern and mentor program to be egregous as well, bypassing well qualified applicants in lieu of low time unproven commodities.
Also 32lt comments are both reprehensible and totally inappropriate towards Aitran as well as Jetblue. Both fine companies who have hired a number of my furloughed brothers and possibly even sisters :)

BUT I won't castize a whole group of fine aviators due to the actions of a few, and you know EVERY pilot group has them but if it makes you folks ego and percieved self worth feel any better... have at it.

Peace?

Koko

JP4user said:
Why do the United pilots get so sensative to what was so obvious with their hiring quotas and profiles in the past?

Sort of like Airtran pilots getting riled up about their ValueJet heritage...Both happend in the past and for the most have little bearing on what the companies present true self is all about. Theirs alot of good about both UAL and Airtran that get's missed because we tend to linger on those two "periods" during their respective past. JMHO.

Koko

koko nw said:
Sort of like Airtran pilots getting riled up about their ValueJet heritage...Both happend in the past and for the most have little bearing on what the companies present true self is all about. Theirs alot of good about both UAL and Airtran that get's missed because we tend to linger on those two "periods" during their respective past. JMHO.

Koko

All right I'll agree with that. It just seems that sometimes there are those at United that pretend that these hiringpractices either didn't not exist or they minimize it greatly.

JP4user said:
All right I'll agree with that. It just seems that sometimes there are those at United that pretend that these hiringpractices either didn't not exist or they minimize it greatly.

There's certainly some minimizing going on, no doubt. Believe me folks in my peer group have no special love of the interns and special interest groups in "general". I've flown with both and have had positive reactions for the most part but I've alway's felt like like they circumvented the hiring practices and were not "competitive" enough to garner an interview while some of my friends with equal or greater quals to mine never got a call from from Nancy S. BUT they are a SMALL minority of the pilots at UAL, no pun intended.

But some of the friction you see is because your trying to crap where I eat and like any family , we tend to circle the wagons and ready our defenses against an "outsider" slinging hash against our fellow UAL pilots.

Tailwinds

Koko

Last edited:
So, I was thinking of starting a new thread about career FO's at jetBlue. Anyone think that would be a good topic? Maybe I will title it "Does JetBlue have career FO's?"

What are the chances the posts will go way, way, way, way off topic?

Oh-ryan said:
So, I was thinking of starting a new thread about career FO's at jetBlue. Anyone think that would be a good topic? Maybe I will title it "Does JetBlue have career FO's?"

What are the chances the posts will go way, way, way, way off topic?

Sooooooo... what you're really saying is: "Why does United have so many chics?"

I think the question should be: "Are any of them hot?"

Ty Webb said:
Why would anyone worry about 12th year FO pay at AirTran, unless they were a weak stick like Sea Hag? Upgrade is down to 2.5 years, and 70 more 73NG in the pipeline.

I have been in the left seat for two years here, and I haven't flown with anyone senior to me, so I don't think we have very many, but if Sea Hag could only get through the interview process, he could be our token non-upgradeable 737 guy . . . . too bad he can't get through the door.

Et tu, Chuckie?

Perhaps today's announcement of a scale back in airplanes could throw a Skywrench in those quick upgrades. Of course things never change in this industry so I am sure you will continue to have 2.5 year LCCaptains.

JP4user said:
Why do the United pilots get so sensative to what was so obvious with their hiring quotas and profiles in the past?

Why do the Airtran guys pretend like their company did not evolve from VJ? Or CAL was a haven for those that crossed the picket lines and were in BK twice?

Latest resources

Back