Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What was the alternative????

Ha Ha and a tip of the hat. Occam's exactly correct and both airlines held hands when they went skinny dipping together.

But can anyone believe what happened to WaMu share and bondholders? The government just came in and sold something someone else owned while making the unilateral decision that investments made in good faith were nothing, meaningless, a phantom. Twenty six Billion ... gone as a result of a government bureaucrat's unilateral decision? Sold to a third party for an undisclosed price? The owners were not even in the loop. This is third world bullcrap!

First, I don't think our Constitution allows this. Second, China is now more capitalist than we are. In principle, no investment is worth anything. Our market is what, exactly?

I'm close to thinking a half million of my own money is worthless and maybe the best option is a garden in the back yard and a shotgun which eventually will be presented to "revenuers" when the property taxes on my owned property, or value to a third party, are worth taking it from me.

Sorry for the rant. Our market, isn't a market. Un-fricken-believeable. McCain isn't a smart economist, but at least he is engaged. Obama's doing what Obama does.

Maybe the name of this merger is bail out.

At least when the Russians did this the proletariat had the satisfaction of chopping the Bolshevik's heads off.

Three of five of Lenin's economic cornerstones of his "New Economic Deal" were accomplished within the last week. Bush's legacy IMHO. The Executive branch stops on his desk. History will not be kind, unless they re-write history to a state approved version.

I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.
Thomas Jefferson

Fins,
What was the alternative? You say the government didn't have a stake, but they did, a huge one! They had FDIC insurance and to see WAMU just go bankrupt and become worthless would have actually resulted in a bigger bill to the govenrment. If you take the governments insurance, you take the regulation and oversight. The FDIC prevents a massive run on banks, which would have probably happened this week, one of the factors that caused the great depression.
True capitalism would have seen many financial institutions fail to exist this week, but can the rest of America withstand the 10 year funk that would result from that, probably downright depression with deflation.
Sorry about your investment loss.
Luv

Yes those banks should have gone out of business and America needs to face up to it's reality as a debtor nation. I'm not sure we have the economic health and in frastructure necessary to pull out of a depression this time. When you have no industrial backbone, America becomes an economic Blanch Dubois, relying on the kindness of other (i.e. mooch/whore).

Mr. and Mrs. America need to stop listening to those who tell you how rich you are because you can handle making the minimum payments on your credit cards. Facing up to the financial realities, for individuals and the nation as a whole, means paying the true costs of enjoying a middle class borne of cheap imports and at the same time accepting a lower standard of living- the one that we've really earned.

It is most certainly not an acquisition!

Lets see...

Delta gives Northwest's shareholders stock in exchange for Northwest to give Delta's shareholders stock. Stocks swaps have never been how acquisitions are done. If this is not a merger, please explain to me how a merger is structured.

It amazes me how simple minded some pilots can be. Do you think Delta is the buyer because the new company name is Delta? If that is the case then I guess US Airways must have bought America West.

By the way, of the top nine executives to run the new Delta, eight of them have spent time working for Northwest. Ed Bastian is the ONLY Delta guy and they are sending him away to run the Northwest subsidiary during the transition! So...Maybe Northwest is taking over Delta!

Northwest is buying itself. If not then why aren't the top executives Delta ? After all, Delta is buying NWA,...or is it ?

I understand both MEC's Acquisition Committees will present their cases in LA next week.

The lists will be merged...not acquired. That is what matters to us, the pilots.

The corporate event matters only to the dorks who believe they went "bankrupt" when their airline did.

Beware of small-weenied dinks who think the type of corporate transaction has bearing on the Arbitration Panel. (Hint: The Process LOA eliminates that possibility)

Are you that dense? When has there EVER been ACQUISITION COMMITTEEs regarding any type of airline combination? It's pretty simple: Delta is acquiring NWA. The argument will likely be made in the hearings. I fully expect NWA to argue vigorously for their seniority as well. Perhaps they will even pull the old "premium" widebody flying argument again. You need to go read the process LOA again.

The argument will likely be made in the hearings. I fully expect NWA to argue vigorously for their seniority as well. Perhaps they will even pull the old "premium" widebody flying argument again. You need to go read the process LOA again.

You guys are telegraphing your strategy too easily. I hope you are pinning your arbitration on something better than that. Maybe you should get to take our woman and property as spoils of a vanquished foe as well?

The DAL pilots and MEC are not acquiring the NWA pilots and MEC regardless of what the corporate transaction is called our how it is structured.

As far as the pilots and operations this is very much a combining of equals. Get over it.

You guys are telegraphing your strategy too easily. I hope you are pinning your arbitration on something better than that. Maybe you should get to take our woman and property as spoils of a vanquished foe as well?

The DAL pilots and MEC are not acquiring the NWA pilots and MEC regardless of what the corporate transaction is called our how it is structured.

As far as the pilots and operations this is very much a combining of equals. Get over it.

You just have to love the drama. It is an acquisition. I can learn to fly an airbus or a -400 in the same amount of time it takes a NWA pilot to learn a 777. Widebody flying is widebody flying. Both merger committees will fight like hell for the best possible outcome for their respective side. Acquirer or acquiree will make about as much difference as widebody flying vs premium widebody flying. I am saying no more and no less. There will be hats and jackets. NWA will wear both. Yes, there have been instances of hat police out there. The crybaby NWA pilots can start getting over it any day now, for you are starting to sound like Comair pilots

You just have to love the drama. It is an acquisition. I can learn to fly an airbus or a -400 in the same amount of time it takes a NWA pilot to learn a 777. Widebody flying is widebody flying. Both merger committees will fight like hell for the best possible outcome for their respective side. Acquirer or acquiree will make about as much difference as widebody flying vs premium widebody flying. I am saying no more and no less. There will be hats and jackets. NWA will wear both. Yes, there have been instances of hat police out there. The crybaby NWA pilots can start getting over it any day now, for you are starting to sound like Comair pilots

Puff-
Most DAL guys I know are taking this in stride and just want to get the SLI behind us. You sound like a real Juliet Alpha. Hopefully someday us sucky NWA guys can be as cool as you! I would like to think (and do) you don't represent the majority of DAL guys.

Schwanker

Here lies a perfect example of the "children" i spoke of in my previous post. Grow up moron, you're like a 13 year old girl trying to keep a worthless argument going. :cool:

The majority of individuals realize this is out of our hands and are going to make the best of it. I for one look forward to working together and moving past these ridiculous rants.

cheers :beer:

Last edited:
Puff-
Most DAL guys I know are taking this in stride and just want to get the SLI behind us. You sound like a real Juliet Alpha. Hopefully someday us sucky NWA guys can be as cool as you! I would like to think (and do) you don't represent the majority of DAL guys.

Schwanker

Waaaahhhhh, waaaahhhhhhh, I'm just as good as you are. Comair pilot mentality.

Latest resources

Back