Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta gives Northwest's shareholders stock in exchange for Northwest to give Delta's shareholders stock. Stocks swaps have never been how acquisitions are done. If this is not a merger, please explain to me how a merger is structured.

actually, almost all acquisitions are done with a stock swap. Do some research and see if I am wrong.

What's your point and how does it make any difference at all to the line pilot? The idiots on Wall Street can call it anything they want but to us it's a merger of operations.

Thank you.

For those that don't get it here's a hint:

Show me the money in any filing of DAL purchasing NWA. Good luck finding it. It's going to be a swap stock. The only spoils going to victors are WS M&A lawyers and the CEO's.

Last edited:
Can't say "all the spoils." After all, pilots are getting some equity to make up for going to Vegas with their seniority.

We will present our cases, and a third party will decide. That way none of us are to blame. The American way. TIC

I understand both MEC's Acquisition Committees will present their cases in LA next week.

The lists will be merged...not acquired. That is what matters to us, the pilots.

The corporate event matters only to the dorks who believe they went "bankrupt" when their airline did.

Beware of small-weenied dinks who think the type of corporate transaction has bearing on the Arbitration Panel. (Hint: The Process LOA eliminates that possibility)

I understand both MEC's Acquisition Committees will present their cases in LA next week.

The lists will be merged...not acquired. That is what matters to us, the pilots.

The corporate event matters only to the dorks who believe they went "bankrupt" when their airline did.

Beware of small-weenied dinks who think the type of corporate transaction has bearing on the Arbitration Panel. (Hint: The Process LOA eliminates that possibility)

Those pesky details again :)

Latest resources

Back