Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The corporate event matters only to the dorks who believe they went "bankrupt" when their airline did.
Ha Ha and a tip of the hat. Occam's exactly correct and both airlines held hands when they went skinny dipping together.

But can anyone believe what happened to WaMu share and bondholders? The government just came in and sold something someone else owned while making the unilateral decision that investments made in good faith were nothing, meaningless, a phantom. Twenty six Billion ... gone as a result of a government bureaucrat's unilateral decision? Sold to a third party for an undisclosed price? The owners were not even in the loop. This is third world bullcrap!

First, I don't think our Constitution allows this. Second, China is now more capitalist than we are. In principle, no investment is worth anything. Our market is what, exactly?

I'm close to thinking a half million of my own money is worthless and maybe the best option is a garden in the back yard and a shotgun which eventually will be presented to "revenuers" when the property taxes on my owned property, or value to a third party, are worth taking it from me.

Sorry for the rant. Our market, isn't a market. Un-fricken-believeable. McCain isn't a smart economist, but at least he is engaged. Obama's doing what Obama does.

Maybe the name of this merger is bail out.

At least when the Russians did this the proletariat had the satisfaction of chopping the Bolshevik's heads off.

Three of five of Lenin's economic cornerstones of his "New Economic Deal" were accomplished within the last week. Bush's legacy IMHO. The Executive branch stops on his desk. History will not be kind, unless they re-write history to a state approved version.

I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:
Fin I see that you and I share some of the same views.
You know that if this money was given to us the tax payers it would equate to each and everyone of us getting about two million bucks. Now with that I would pay taxes and still have enough to pay off all of my debt, and buy gold and land. Lots of land. I like this idea better.
Problem is that after we the tax payer bail these guys out they are going to treat us like crud. Want a loan no way. You do not have the credit or collateral for it. What a bunch of bull dung.

The NWA pilots will have to adjust to the Delta way of doing things.
JMHO

You guys over at Delta going to show us how to fly the A330, A320, 0r B747-400. Looking forward to the Delta tour of Asia as well.

I think there will be some adjusting on both sides.

You guys over at Delta going to show us how to fly the A330, A320, 0r B747-400. Looking forward to the Delta tour of Asia as well.

With ~41% of the combined pilot group former NWA, almost 70% of the BOD former NWA, and NWA's former CEO at the helm, you think?:bomb:

I'm sure there will be.

Last edited:

Easy bud. I don't think Fins was making fun of you. We do things differently, from checklists to uniforms. You guys will have to make some adjustments, that's all. As far as flying the Bus and the 744, yes, it will take us awhile to understand them before we fly them, and even though we do go to parts of Asia, there are some parts that will take us awhile to learn. As far as Asia goes, the same could be said to you about most of Europe/Africa/South America. But, we will have a heck of a pile of gouge for all of that flying when WE MERGE INTO THE BIGGEST, BADDEST, MOFO of an AIRLINE. AH YEAH! Can I get a Wut Wut??

Bye Bye--General Lee

But, we will have a heck of a pile of gouge for all of that flying when WE MERGE INTO THE BIGGEST, BADDEST, MOFO of an AIRLINE. AH YEAH! Can I get a Wut Wut??

Bye Bye--General Lee

Didn't DAL invent the 'gouge' or was it Fed-X?

Baja.

Btw - How about a little slack from the uniform police?

Didn't DAL invent the 'gouge' or was it Fed-X?

Baja.

Btw - How about a little slack from the uniform police?

I don't think the uniform police is that strict, but everyone else will notice. I honestly think we look sharp, and people who don't care show that to the other crew members and to passengers. I think some people may get talked to if they are total slobs, though. But, if you are flying South of the Equator in the Winter (our Winter), you are allowed to NOT bring your jacket. There you go.... That will get senior quick, and I have heard A330s and 744s will be doing a lot more S. America...

Bye Bye--General Lee

But, if you are flying South of the Equator in the Winter (our Winter), you are allowed to NOT bring your jacket. There you go....

Bye Bye--General Lee

You would think Cancun would count as well in Summer or Winter when it's 90+. We've seen plenty of 'RD's' in full garb just looking WAY out of place. OUCH! I like to swap into flip-flop's and ditch the tie....but that's just me. Oh well, the price you pay for fame eh?

Baja.

Latest resources

Back