Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Academic at this point. What is proposed by both sides will be analyzed by competent, experienced arbitrators.

They'll rule.

We'll live with it.

Less-likely, but preferable, would be a negotiated list. I'm not getting indications either side is entirely comfortable rolling the dice with the panel. I'm also sensing very few of the individuals involved want to put their signature on a deal that doesn't reflect "equal blood"*.

Tight spot.

One thing I know all of us can agree upon: Binding means binding.

Academic at this point is right.

I also agree that a less likely but preferable outcome is a negotiated result. The fact that it is mutually agreed upon would suggest mutually palatable. I'm not sure if we'll get there, but it would be nice.

Absent that, three experienced arbitrators will listen to the arguments, look at the facts, render a decision and we'll move on.

They'll be some unhappy campers I'm sure, but we're all big boys and girls and we'll be playing in the same sand box from here on out. We can cling to our anger, or learn to play nice and make this a great place to be.

Last edited:
[ pay rates on any aircraft type shall not be used.... . ..for the purpose of attempting to demonstrate that one or more aircraft type(s) should be considered or not considered the substantial equivalent of any other aircraft type(s).
____________________ ___________________
Captain Donald L. Moak Captain Dave Stevens
Chairman, Delta MEC Chairman, Northwest MEC

..payrates will not be used to compare one aircraft to another (different) aircraft...but payrates in general can be used ie. nwa 757 pays $144/hr, dal 757 pays $160/hr nwa 330=$162/hr dal 76-400 pays $172/hr----NOT saying those two aircraft are substantially equivalent just stating their payrates.. these are pre-merger payrates..

Latest resources

Back