Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh My!

OK,.....first step in the process is being able to spell it.

Tomorrow, we'll start working on identifying it from 100 yards.......then slowly work up to finding door L1, etc....
And to think all this time I thought the plural was "Airbi!":laugh: All that latin I took in high school wasn't a total waste after all (but don't tell my father that.)

OK,.....first step in the process is being able to spell it.

Tomorrow, we'll start working on identifying it from 100 yards.......then slowly work up to finding door L1, etc....

Ah yes, how long was that until the spelling police came out of the woodwork. Deflect and divert, deflect, divert.

Game, set, match.

The majority of pilots at both airlines were hired well before the respective BK's.
True ... and agreed.

I kind of wish these hearings were not open. There will be a lot of fighting between pilots about table positions taken by their representatives. At the end of the day the result is all that will matter and it is better if we enjoy working together.

Ah yes, how long was that until the spelling police came out of the woodwork. Deflect and divert, deflect, divert.

Game, set, match.
Puffy,

It Was A Joke.

Have a beer......maybe get laid.....you are WAY too uptight. Typical though....:rolleyes:

Deflect and divert, deflect, divert.
Describing your last "rotation"? (see, I'm learning new words!)

There is no game, there was no set, you did not win a match.

Last edited:
Are you that dense?

To those with sub-prime IQ's...yes.

When has there EVER been ACQUISITION COMMITTEEs regarding any type of airline combination?

Never.

Which is important for you to recognize. Next year, when you're yanking gear for me (not a slam...it's a mathematical application of your Merger Committee's proposal on the SLI), you can lament the injustices of not having an Acquisition Committee to put me in my place.

It's pretty simple: Delta is acquiring NWA.

1. Who's arguing that point?
2. How does that impact the SLI process?
3. Well done! Here's another one: What was Tonto's horse's name? (Answer: "Scout")
4. Question #3 carries the same importance in the SLI process as your statement.

The argument will likely be made in the hearings.

Huh? Who will bring up the "acquisition vs. merger" argument? Us? If so...why? Will the DAL team bring it up? If so...why?

You need to go read the process LOA again.

Got it right here in front of me. Can you direct me to the section that mentions the methodology of the corporate transaction as having any bearing on the process?

Fly4hire:

You are wrong. Being a gentleman, I will leave it at that. If you want to continue, I will dig up the actual 2007 new hire demographics from both companies and illustrate just how stark the contrast is.

Up to you ....

Just to remind you, if you were hired in 2007 by either company, you'll be at the bottom of the list.... History..

Just to remind you, if you were hired in 2007 by either company, you'll be at the bottom of the list.... History..

I don't really think that has been decided yet. It will more likely be relative seniority. There will be guys at the bottom of the list who were hired in 2007, no doubt.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I keed! I keed!:laugh:

Just going off of what Puff stated. I would not be surprised if it was tried out to see if it went anywhere. Since the hearings are open we will all get to see each others cards on the table and can play armchair arbitrators. I'm guessing we'll reach a negotiated SLI once the arbitrators give an wink and a nod which way the wind is blowing.

You might be right about a negotiated SLI.

As for trying to throw doo doo against the wall to see what sticks, some might try that, however, given the limited amount of time to present an argument, it's best to pick your doo doo wisely.

My personal sense is that the nature of this corporate transaction, DAL's acquisition of NWA, will have little bearing on the SLI.

The SLI process is going to work itself out. We have three experience arbitrators who are unlikely to be swayed by smoke and mirrors or side shows. So it's probably best not to go there. JMHO

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back