Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also from Wikipedia:

In business or economics a merger is a combination of two companies into one larger company. Such actions are commonly voluntary and involve stock swap or cash payment to the target. Stock swap is often used as it allows the shareholders of the two companies to share the risk involved in the deal.

It's still an acquisition, not that it really matters.

Last edited:
This is a very important issue. Acquisition verse merger sets the tone. The tone of proceedings following the tone of purchase make all the difference in the world as the arbitrator makes decisions based on those tones of leadership. Rarely does an arbitrator make decisions in a vacuum based on just facts.

Acquisition is the tone of the DAL/NWA deal. It will have consequences.

Its still just a pointless argument but since we're talking about "important" stuff,

Fossilized bird droppings are one of the chief exports of Nauru, an island nation in the Western Pacific. :cool:

Its still just a pointless argument but since we're talking about "important" stuff,

Fossilized bird droppings are one of the chief exports of Nauru, an island nation in the Western Pacific. :cool:

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony"

Heyas,

Fod what it's worth, I just got finished with a two year stint teaching at a local college. Using Wikipedia as a reference for anything was an automatic 'F' on a paper.

Nu

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony"

Now we are on track. LOL

This is a very important issue. Acquisition verse merger sets the tone. The tone of proceedings following the tone of purchase make all the difference in the world as the arbitrator makes decisions based on those tones of leadership. Rarely does an arbitrator make decisions in a vacuum based on just facts.

Acquisition is the tone of the DAL/NWA deal. It will have consequences.

Really? Prove it. Please cite precedence.

Puffy thinks that kinda talk makes you "dense"

Got it just enough wrong to make a difference. Denying the facts over and over again, hoping for a different result, makes you dense. Saying that it will make little difference is a lot different than saying that it is not so. But you already knew that.

To those with sub-prime IQ's...yes.

Then you must be suicidal then. Good introspection though. Glad it's finally setting in.

Never.

Which is important for you to recognize. Next year, when you're yanking gear for me (not a slam...it's a mathematical application of your Merger Committee's proposal on the SLI), you can lament the injustices of not having an Acquisition Committee to put me in my place.

Finally, we're getting somewhere. First, an acquisition is an acquisition. They are still called merger committees-even in an acquisition. But you already knew that, didn't you??

Nice to see you had to resort to the "yanking gear" card, which I put right up with the spelling police card. At Delta, the non-flying pilots "yanks" the gear. We traditionally alternate legs, which means every other leg that you are "yanking" gear. Since you obviously meant it as a slam, though, you should probably know that I am a captain, and plan to remain so. There is the chance that I may bid right seat to meet some upcoming needs of the family, but as we both know our merger policy inhibits the forcing of me back to the right seat. Keep swinging and missing.

1. Who's arguing that point?
2. How does that impact the SLI process?
3. Well done! Here's another one: What was Tonto's horse's name? (Answer: "Scout")
4. Question #3 carries the same importance in the SLI process as your statement.

1) You were
2) It does. To what magnitude is anyone's guess
3) Man, you are old.
4) Quite possible, perhaps not

Here was the point, though, without all of the backpedaling:

Got it right here in front of me. Can you direct me to the section that mentions the methodology of the corporate transaction as having any bearing on the process?

There is none. You said that there was specific language prohibiting it. See the difference? Of course you do. You already had

Game, set, match

Latest resources

Back