Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When it comes to SLI, this is where the rubber hits the road, everything else is a side show:

Just going off of what Puff stated. I would not be surprised if it was tried out to see if it went anywhere. Since the hearings are open we will all get to see each others cards on the table and can play armchair arbitrators. I'm guessing we'll reach a negotiated SLI once the arbitrators give an wink and a nod which way the wind is blowing.

As an outsider looking in (kind of, I'm in the NWA pool) I would like to believe that both the NWA and DAL pilot groups learned something from the USA/AWA SLI. There is no doubt that the executives did. It appears that both ALPA groups did. I would think the arbitrators did as well. IMO what's the incentive for the arbitrators to award a windfall to either side? It certainly won't help the new Delta.

The vast majority of pilots I know will do what the FOM says, just like always. There are uniform whiners on both sides. Your comparison of the NWA pilots to CMR is indicative of why the SLI process has not gotten anywhere. Your are just another airline, as are we. You were hired where you were because they called you first. You more than likely would have gone to NWA had it come along first. Get over the DAL dick measuring contest. This is the combination of two world class airlines of different cultures and demographics that will be stronger than either would have been alone. The sooner you embrace this is going to be the combination of cultures and operations as opposed to the submission of one by another the sooner we'll start making money and kicking butt.

Again, you are lecturing the wrong person. Lecture the NWA pilots here. They are the ones getting all wrapped up in arms about acquisition versus merger. They are the ones getting all uppity about permium widebody flying, and how it will be funny to watch those Delta pilots try and fly aribuses. They sound like Comair pilots to me--trying to convince the world that they are just as good as anyone else, when nobody is saying that they aren't. Keep digging.

Fly4hire:

You are wrong. Being a gentleman, I will leave it at that. If you want to continue, I will dig up the actual 2007 new hire demographics from both companies and illustrate just how stark the contrast is.

Up to you ....

Last edited:
and how it will be funny to watch those Delta pilots try and fly aribuses
OK,.....first step in the process is being able to spell it.

Tomorrow, we'll start working on identifying it from 100 yards.......then slowly work up to finding door L1, etc....

When it comes to SLI, this is where the rubber hits the road, everything else is a side show:

1. The merger representatives shall carefully weigh all the equities inherent in their merger situation. In joint session, the merger representatives should attempt to match equities to various methods of integration until a fair and equitable agreement is reached, keeping in mind the following goals, in no particular order:

a. Preserve jobs.

b. Avoid windfalls to either group at the expense of the other.

c. Maintain or improve pre‑merger pay and standard of living.

d. Maintain or improve pre‑merger pilot status.

e. Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.

Exactly!

and how it will be funny to watch those Delta pilots try and fly aribuses ...

OK,.....first step in the process is being able to spell it.

Tomorrow, we'll start working on identifying it from 100 yards.......then slowly work up to finding door L1, etc....
Isn't it like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_bus

The L1 is the Captain's seat and the new ones have a ramp at R1 for the FO.

Last edited:
Fly4hire:

You are wrong. Being a gentleman, I will leave it at that. If you want to continue, I will dig up the actual 2007 new hire demographics from both companies and illustrate just how stark the contrast is.

Up to you ....

Being a gentleman, I'll remind you those differences are only for those hired in the last 2 years. The majority of pilots at both airlines were hired well before the respective BK's.

"A stock swap, also known as a share swap, is a business takeover or acquisition in which the acquiring company uses its own stock to pay for the acquired company. Each shareholder of the newly acquired company receives a certain number of shares of the acquiring company's stock for each share of stock they previously held in the acquired company."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_swap

Also from Wikipedia:

In business or economics a merger is a combination of two companies into one larger company. Such actions are commonly voluntary and involve stock swap or cash payment to the target. Stock swap is often used as it allows the shareholders of the two companies to share the risk involved in the deal.

Gentlemen - let it go. It serves no purpose.

The SLI is beyond our control. Both airlines are groups of professional aviators; rules will be followed and much will be learned by both sides.

In the end - we will all be Delta employees. Let us move it forward instead of backward.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back