• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If 22 months is what they said, great! Delta already own the simulators, has the instructors on payroll, and are paying check airmen a little bit more for training, how does it take 22 months to break even? There is the power used while in the simulator, and the maintenance, the per diem you get paid in training and the hotel they put you up in. That's it - hardly 22 months worth even compounded by multiple Displacements. What happens if they put 190's at Delta, and when you get furloughed at Delta you get displaced to a 190 at Compass? There will be a short course on procedural differences to come over to the Delta aircraft.

On the 9's.... they painted and redid the interiors on the MD-11's too, and then they sold them! They had to paint and put new interiors in those airplanes, even if they only are going to be used for one year!

Even if I got furloughed here off the 73N and walked in to SWA the next day I would have to go through a full course. Why? Different certificates. Just like CPS

I know that we are looking at TWO new bases. Of course GUM and the other one that will make many happy. I would like to see both this year.
Please let the other base be Tuscaloosa.

imho this AE had nothing to do with alighning for furlough, it just so happens that with the joint bid it put people in planes that was more in line with their seniority. Also with the replacement of RJ flying with narrowbody (10% increase) they NEEDED more people on the narrowbodys to cover the schedule.

Hey ACL, what is their thinking on going back in there with a base? Is it just another shot at AMR or do they really think they can open it back up and make some $$?

LOTs of O and D that we can take advantage of. Just purely rumor ;) ( heard it from one of my neighbors who works in TOC) :pimp:

Lots of stuff going on out there. Keep hearing 20 gates, bought back the hanger and more flights. I know for sure four LGA's a day as all of the gate agents are falling all over this info.

Seems Tim Mapes has been out there a bunch too.....

Fuzzo,
As you are probably aware I am aware of what 100 seat jet is in the lead. I know what work is being done. I know that it will be my A seat and probably in the next two years if I want it.
That said, I make it known to both sides of the fence what my thought are about the 100 seat jet.

I also know they have no major growth plan except for the 42+16 JAL 90's. A few extra Widebodies we will get from Boeing and the extra stuff that JAL will dump. In the end if we have those jets, the added JAL fly and fly all of the parked metal out in the desert, we will need over 1000 pilots. (2+ years in my eyes)

I know that we are looking at TWO new bases. Of course GUM and the other one that will make many happy. I would like to see both this year.

I also know the way airline hiring works. I also agree and have stated that this is not the plan right now.

In regards to JAL, we are the better deal ,with or without the money. I know there is a plan A and B. I like A better a lot better. Lot of ppl are nervous on the fourth floor, eights floor at the ALPA offices, and Mahogany row. The want the win. The other options could be just as successful, but more risky.

My point about the AE was to state to Twobits that doing this allows them the flexibility they have not had the last few years, IF it gets ugly in the world economy.

ACL,

No I know you know this stuff. I should state that I know of no intended furloughs, we are alot closer to hiring than furloughing. Delta's current move hinges on JAL. Then our hand will be forced and we will truly know where things are going.

Latest resources

Back