• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think NYC M88A will actually go more senior on this bid. I suspect a lot of guys getting displaced out of ATL will go to NYC to stay on the aircraft.

Im wondering how senior the 88B will be now!!! Depends on how many 765 guys follow the plane I guess.
There are AEs, but the MDs get run first right? Meaning - someone coming into a category can't bump you out of it via an AE..only an MD right?

Im wondering how senior the 88B will be now!!! Depends on how many 765 guys follow the plane I guess.
There are AEs, but the MDs get run first right? Meaning - someone coming into a category can't bump you out of it via an AE..only an MD right?

True. For an existing category, MDs have priority. From the contract "A pilot’s bid preference for an AE will not be awarded if the award, together with any
VD/MD(s) for the same category, would create a surplus that would cause a displacement in thecategory. In other words, a pilot’s VD or MD bid into a category will supersede a more senior pilot’s AE bid to that category."

Forr a new category, IE the 765 in NYC, anything goes. I expect to see a lot of FNWA pilots bidding the 765 in NYC.

True. For an existing category, MDs have priority. From the contract "A pilot’s bid preference for an AE will not be awarded if the award, together with any
VD/MD(s) for the same category, would create a surplus that would cause a displacement in thecategory. In other words, a pilot’s VD or MD bid into a category will supersede a more senior pilot’s AE bid to that category."

Forr a new category, IE the 765 in NYC, anything goes. I expect to see a lot of FNWA pilots bidding the 765 in NYC.

True I know of at least 2 744 A's thinking about NYC 765..

Mkay. Thanks.

Everyone go chase the 765. You don't want the crap reroutes and short layovers on the ATL 88B!! :)

Mkay. Thanks.

Everyone go chase the 765. You don't want the crap reroutes and short layovers on the ATL 88B!! :)

Good luck to you, hope you'll stay where you want to stay. I hope it's true for most of us. Though the last few rounds of displacements prove that if you're junior in any category, better get ready to commute, or commute to a less desirable base than what you're holding now. After the results are posted, lots of guys are gonna wonder, "What happened"?? How come I get bumped out of my base? There's a lot of collateral damage in such a big bid as this. Even if guys in a shrinking category won't bump you, arbitrary more senior guys w/ VD can roam freely around the system can change the landscape significantly.

perspective

I think NYC M88A will actually go more senior on this bid. I suspect a lot of guys getting displaced out of ATL will go to NYC to stay on the aircraft.

So, does it look like all the S ATL guys will all be displacing to NYC as their next top choice (part of the bases they "signed up for when applying")?

I'm guessing all that flying was cut out of ATL because there wasn't the demand for it anymore.

It seems good that if they aren't able to even hold NYC they have a slew of new N bases to choose from.

Sounds like there would have been a furlough if S remained a stand alone airline.

Good to see one company out there doing well! Keep up the good work & hire soon!

So, does it look like all the S ATL guys will all be displacing to NYC as their next top choice (part of the bases they "signed up for when applying")?

I'm guessing all that flying was cut out of ATL because there wasn't the demand for it anymore.

It seems good that if they aren't able to even hold NYC they have a slew of new N bases to choose from.

Sounds like there would have been a furlough if S remained a stand alone airline.

Good to see one company out there doing well! Keep up the good work & hire soon!

Sounds like you just like to stir the pot but have no knowledge or understanding of what’s taking place to backup anything you say. :bomb:

Results apparently should be out on the 1st. Happy New Years and back to the 88 for me... or even commuting.

It is what it is.... I just want to find out my fate!

Displacements out of ATL are a short term deal... Flying hours are being sent to DTW and MSP. There is no A330 sim avail for this bid to open an ATL 330 category. That will be coming and will also aid to fixing the burning of ATL in this bid.

Displacements out of ATL are a short term deal... Flying hours are being sent to DTW and MSP. There is no A330 sim avail for this bid to open an ATL 330 category. That will be coming and will also aid to fixing the burning of ATL in this bid.

Yep. I talked to the head of crew resources this week. He said the next bid should allow a large portion of those who got displaced to be reinstated.

Of course that all assumes the recent terror attempt doesn't impact the airlines in a significant way.

Latest resources

Back