• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Countdown to the CAL/UAL TA -- 45 days to go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a TA for a country club .How much $$ will it take to capture the RJ flying?. Start up cost, training,where are the a/c coming from etc....

I can confirm that negotiations are proceeding at a fast pace. Fact: The company showed up with proposals and attys the first day. That doesn't happen very often actually it's quite rare until near the end of a cba.

I can confirm that negotiations are proceeding at a fast pace. Fact: The company showed up with proposals and attys the first day. That doesn't happen very often actually it's quite rare until near the end of a cba.

Were the company negotiators and attorney's wearing blue F.U. wristbands?

Is the company playing hardball? I noticed they announced new service to Aspen and just replaced a iah to lax flight with Skywest 70 seaters.

Is the company playing hardball? I noticed they announced new service to Aspen and just replaced a iah to lax flight with Skywest 70 seaters.

I wouldn't be suprised if they started their tatics soon. I'm curious what their counterproposal will be with scope. I've heard that if they return a ridiculous counter offer, we'll immediately seek mediation. We'll see.....

The contentious items (pay & scope) haven't been addressed yet. Just wait.

FUPM

Then enjoy the picket line. If you think for a second that you can get all that, well, good on ya. I read the original post to my NERD (Never Ever Really Delta) pilot wife and she was laughing by the end of it.

Tell your NERD wife that you guys actually have some leverage this time thanks to Wall St wanting this done, and oil is lower. When the DL/NWA joint contract was done, oil was still at $130 a barrel. Remind her of that please. Don't go low on your demands, this may be the last large amount of leverage you guys will have. Wall ST and management want this done in a clean manner inorder to get bonuses. Go for it!

Bye Bye--General Lee

The contentious items (pay & scope) haven't been addressed yet. Just wait.

FUPM

JNC scope proposal was passed to mgmt a couple of weeks ago. As of Fri, two sections have yet to be passed but no word on what they are. (compensation is probably one of them as it had not been passed as of the update two weeks ago)

Should be interesting to see what mgmt turns back to us with scope.

Looks like it is slipping to mid-October.

"In my brief to you last week, I indicated that progress had slowed down and that management was having a difficult time coming to grips with the reality that this is neither a status quo nor concessionary contract. This week things got back on track and we reached an agreement in principle on the leaves of absence section. That said, it does not bode well for a timely resolution to the contract if we continue to stutter step our way through negotiations. Now that the shareholders have approved the merger, maybe management will reprioritize and place the successful completion of the negotiations higher on their list. Certainly, if negotiations continue at their current pace, when we evaluate the progress in mid October as set up in the Transition and Process Agreement, we will have much more road in front of us than behind." -- Union

Last edited:
"If there is no TA by October 12, then the parties agreed to apply for mediation by October 14, 2010. It is becoming clear that despite the Joint Negotiating Committee’s best efforts, the October 5 deadline will not be met."

Well, I guess there's not going to be a contract on October 4th.

Latest resources

Back