• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Countdown to the CAL/UAL TA -- 45 days to go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I won't trade ANYTHING for anything less than 50+ seat scope.

Amen brother! Without scope we have nothing. Hell even Bedford thinks he will be able to fly the C Series aircraft for mainline, a 149 pax regional. It is time to prove him and the other CEO's wrong and retake our scope protection!

Guys i want scope as much as the next guy at U. But flying > 50 seaters at united- just aint gonna happen- they are already there and regional contracts
Come due when 2014/2015 ish( for tsa anyway) not sure on other-
The only wau to scope the bitches is thru the following:

Range
Number
No hub to hub
Every three mainline additions get an rj and vice versa if u get rid of mainline a/c
Pax seats
Weight
Captain flowdown and regional Airline pilot pref interviewing/ hiring

Guys i want scope as much as the next guy at U. But flying > 50 seaters at united- just aint gonna happen- they are already there and regional contracts

Range
Number
No hub to hub
Every three mainline additions get an rj and vice versa if u get rid of mainline a/c
Pax seats
Weight

There is a way to get rid of them..........................PARK THEM, just like the did the 737s!

Range
Number
No hub to hub
Pax seats
Weight

I like this list for sure........
just add +50 seat scope to it :)

Range
Number
No hub to hub
Pax seats
Weight

So do you think CAL guys should resign their scope because U guys got screwed in bankruptcy? I think that when the current contracts run out they are once again restricted and scoped out. In the mean time I think you have some great Ideas reduce the range to no flights beyond 1hr 20mins something like that.

Ya Exactly, When those contracts expire, so does any other pilots flying those planes. Period. I don't want the merger. If you want it so bad, pay for it.

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=m&year=2010&month=10&day=04&p0=104

What's going to be in it:

-
based on straight seniority, not title

-- CA IRO for CA, FO or CA IRO for FO; CA IRO if only one IRO needed

-- any sit time, scheduled or actual, greater than 90 minutes pays half time

How about also correcting the fact that a 20 y/o F/A, her 3 kids, 17 y/o boyfriend, 38 y/o Mom, and 2 cats ALL have non-rev priority ahead of a 35 y/o, college degreed, 12 year regional CA or MIL pilot (and family) who started new-hire training a week later after said F/A? Good luck finding a non-rev seat for you and your pilot family as loads quickly increase. Heck, no wonder F/As keep flying until 80. Their non- rev benes are pretty sweet compared to pilots given a 15 year head start on seniority.

27 days until 4 Oct

Have heard that the initial delay by CAL to look at the TPA was not a rejectjon of the TPA, but rather they didn't have people in place to even consider it. A temporary hiccup.

Also that the negotiations are proceeding without a great deal of resistance. Either means pilots are asking for too little, or management wants to get the deal done.

Find out in 27 days.

My prediction is we won't have it done by then. That's just the deadline at which, if we aren't done, we apply to the NMB for mediation. The road may be long after that. (Willing to do it though)

Latest resources

Back