COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
joe_pilot said:
What happened to this? from this thread? I'm not feeling the love, brother.

Now we both know that you can generalize about any group, say Gamma Kappa Sig. True, it has some morons for members, but it is still a great organization. Maybe you could have said "I am surprised that there haven't been any idiots chiming in yet with 'we're gonna take it all' "

We do have some tools at SkyWest, but it is a great Pilot Group, most of whom would never think, let alone say what you did. Why such a bad opinion? Maybe you've never actually met one of us. Come to SLC, the first (3.2%) beer's on me. In the meantime:

Stop being a penis wrinkle.

And for all of my friends at ExpressJet, I hope this turns out for the best. Good luck.

-JP
I knew one of you would come out of the Woodwork, can't say Skywest without it echoing in the mountains, here in this good old place.

As for me stopping being a penis wrinkle, isn't that what this forum is for......
I gotta pick on somebody and you guys are so easily picked on :).

ASH said:
Correct, CHQ is not in the market to bid on any add'l 145 flying. We are getting out of that market, and subsequently have bypassed opportunities to bid on droves of flying i.e. united Air Willy, etc. Our CEO said "No."

CHQ won't have a single 145 two years from now.

I dont think so! What about the American flying?

generaltso said:
I would not be surpised if one of the regionals tried this (maybe not CHQ, but any other regional). And if one goes over to this type of repayment, others will be forced to follow. I think the days of guaranteed profits for regionals will eventually end.

This has been done before the "Fee per departure" contracts. ACA's most profitable 2 years were under a "Yield Based" contract. If I remember correctly, there were no guarantee's with this contract. ACA had their own marketing dept., determined city pairs, etc. under this contract. They were paid based on the number of passengers flown. Fargo was the first to cancel in ORD because of this type of contract. Once "Fee per departure" was signed in late 2000 or early 2001 (can't remember) the company did everything they could to complete the flight. Also, aircraft utilization was approx. 12 hours/day when ACA ran the schedule. It dropped below 9 hours/day when United took over the schedules.

almost all of the 145's will be gone in the next two years or so...the American Connection contract isnt up till 2013 i believe and it is all 140 flying....BB and the rest of RP managment dont give a flying F about expanding the 145 market and there isnt the remotest possibility in my opinion that you will ever see a 145 with coex painted on the side...EVER...XJET guys...your in my prayers..good luck

LJDRVR said:
THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!

WE, not CAL will decide which, if any airframes are returned. We are free to pursue other flying outside the CAL hub system. Not even Mesa or CHQ can make much if any money with an aging 37 or 45 seat jet. (For all practical purposes, the ER's are 45 seaters most of the time.)

This is just the opening salvo. CAL was able to use XJT as a money-laundering ATM during their recent concessions. (We accelerated our repayment of debt.) CAL is unofficially profitable beyond belief, due in large part to Express. (Look at their stock. Ours never went up. Why? THe street knew what whas going on, only the Flight Attendants didn't fall for it.) We may strike out on our own with those airframes, management may use this as a tool to solicit lower labor costs, (I'm voting NO) or almost 700 of our pilots will lose their jobs in a year from now. Time will tell what will happen, my guess is the other shoe has yet to drop drop. It'll be interesting to see what that might be.

In the meantime, just a reminder: Express Jet Holdings has the balance sheet to purchase UAL or DAL. Don't count us down and out yet.

So what? UPS has the balance sheet to purchase EVERY airline in the United States if it wanted! What's your point?

real mature, dnkt. Since I'm a Mesa pilot based in ORD, perhaps we can schedule a time for us to meet up so you can "tell me what you think". Here's your chance...face-to-face. PM me so we can coordinate.

The last I looked, I had 16 days off this month...nothing to brag about, but it's a tad more than the 8 days off you claim we all only have (of which I've had once in a year and a half here, and that was because I didn't make the roster when I got out on line). The minimum 8-days off only applies to being on reserve, and with the constant attrition here, that reserve time is minimal to say the least.

And one other thing, do me a favor, and some research. Investigate how many ex-Mesa pilots there are at such carriers as SWA...or American...or NetJets (or any other "step-up" from a regional). Personally, I know of many. Ask them if they're happy making "shoot wages for the rest of their lives". I bet you'll be surprised by not only the quantity of ex-Mesa pilots out there, but also how a few years at Mesa allowed them the opportunity that they now have. It's unfortunate that these ex-Mesa pilots aren't here to justify their decision themselves. Could it be that life is so good for them that they actually don't hang out on this board? Naw, couldn't be.

Bash away...

LJDRVR said:
THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!

WE, not CAL will decide which, if any airframes are returned. We are free to pursue other flying outside the CAL hub system. Not even Mesa or CHQ can make much if any money with an aging 37 or 45 seat jet. (For all practical purposes, the ER's are 45 seaters most of the time.)

This is just the opening salvo. CAL was able to use XJT as a money-laundering ATM during their recent concessions. (We accelerated our repayment of debt.) CAL is unofficially profitable beyond belief, due in large part to Express. (Look at their stock. Ours never went up. Why? THe street knew what whas going on, only the Flight Attendants didn't fall for it.) We may strike out on our own with those airframes, management may use this as a tool to solicit lower labor costs, (I'm voting NO) or almost 700 of our pilots will lose their jobs in a year from now. Time will tell what will happen, my guess is the other shoe has yet to drop drop. It'll be interesting to see what that might be.

In the meantime, just a reminder: Express Jet Holdings has the balance sheet to purchase UAL or DAL. Don't count us down and out yet.

You guys gonna purchase UAL and DAL and make them "Express Jet Express"?

On Your Six said:
I still think this is a hard-ball negotiating tactic and that more negotiating will take place. If you were a CO manager in charge of negotiating, isn't this the tactic you would take (threats to remove aircraft)?

Yeah but my question is what would keep CO from following through with their threat of pulling aircraft if they have the resources to do it? You guys know the companies better than I do but I've seen what happends to express carriers that don't agree on lower wages from larger carriers. Having been there a few times, I don't see it as a "negotiating tactic" as much as it is part of the actual negotiating process. Personaly, I think CO is dead serious in their threat here.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Latest resources

Back