• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck to all the Express guys, I've been there with the now defunct ACA. But for some reason, I'm not surprised with any of the happenings in this industry. IT SUCKS!!!!!!:eek:

Airline cost containment 101:

Step 1.- Hire 600 hr guys with SJS
Step 2.- Tease pilots with even shinier jets for pay concessions
Step 3.- Build a "cost box"
Step 4.- Award flying to pilots with smallest box
Step 5.- Make sure union is a lame duck
Step 6.- Keep pilots from unifying
Step 7.- Repeat

From responses on this board no one cares about their fellow pilot, so step 6 is in full swing

Expressjet - You guys are one quality operation. I hate to see this happen to you. Good Luck, we will all need it

ALPA has failed us, i was never a fan but now i am down right pissed. They never cared for the regionals and never will. I just lost my job, and did alpa eaven fart on my behalf, no! I am sad to hear that now my friends at express jet will feel the hurt. To everyone else watch out, first Comair, Expressjet and who know who is next..Eagle? ASA? This industry need to change now, many regional pilots are leaving the industry. If pay continues to suck and jobs continue to get cut airline pilot quality will fall and acidents will increase.

Superpilot92 said:
The company hasnt sent you a letter yet have they? If not what are your plans? come to class and see what happens or look elsewhere? I ask because i have a friend thats supposed to be in your class or the first class in Feb. Sucks for us all. Good luck

No, I didnt hear anything from XJT, yet.

I guess in the bigger picture I'm lucky. I didnt actually have to go through all the training, and I got 2200 with 600 multi so I'm still marketable to some other airlines. AWAC, ASA, and Republic called me for an interview.... I guess I'll rethink my first pick on places to work.

psysix said:
You guys gonna purchase UAL and DAL and make them "Express Jet Express"?

Good lord you're dense. I was simply trying to illustrate that we are one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and as such, we have many options regarding what we do IF 25% of our fleet goes to another operator.

Latest resources

Back