COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHOO HOO!

January 16th class first 121 gig and I already got furloughed. (so to speak)

O well, back to the resume builder. Good thing I quit my 135 job. Excuse me while I go fix top ramen for breakfast ... lunch... rest of my life...

This should be a mandatory class at flight schools; Airspace, lift, FURLOUGED.

ok im done feeling sorry for myself

I still think this is a hard-ball negotiating tactic and that more negotiating will take place. If you were a CO manager in charge of negotiating, isn't this the tactic you would take (threats to remove aircraft)? It ain't over yet by a long shot... You can, however, expect lower wages if a negotiated settlement is reached to keep the aircraft on the property.

ratherbeflyen said:
WHOO HOO!

January 16th class first 121 gig and I already got furloughed. (so to speak)

O well, back to the resume builder. Good thing I quit my 135 job. Excuse me while I go fix top ramen for breakfast ... lunch... rest of my life...

This should be a mandatory class at flight schools; Airspace, lift, FURLOUGED.

ok im done feeling sorry for myself

The company hasnt sent you a letter yet have they? If not what are your plans? come to class and see what happens or look elsewhere? I ask because i have a friend thats supposed to be in your class or the first class in Feb. Sucks for us all. Good luck

Screw the union they aren't going to do a thing for us!!!!!!! I hope all you Mesa and *************************s scums enjoy flying for crap wages the rest of your lifes. Ever time im at ORD i just laugh at all you scum bags and your 8 days off a month. Usually I just laugh to myself but im going to start letting you all know what i think of you when i walk by you with my XJT badge on. Have a great day you bottom feeders.

Word is that CHQ has offered CAL mgmt a deal-of-a-lifetime: they will take the risk on any empty seats on feed flights for CAL. Now how can an airline make money that way?

Ha ha ha, nice flame. CHQ isn't in the market to expand the 145 flying anymore.

I seem to recall NW marching around banging their pots and pans about how all the Avro's were done in DEC, yet they are still retraining people into them.

Press Releases..............they aren't always what they appear to be. But they are a warning that shi.t is indeed about to hit the fan. Good Luck boyz.

AD

Correct, CHQ is not in the market to bid on any add'l 145 flying. We are getting out of that market, and subsequently have bypassed opportunities to bid on droves of flying i.e. united Air Willy, etc. Our CEO said "No."

CHQ won't have a single 145 two years from now.

generaltso said:
I think the days of guaranteed profits for regionals will eventually end.

In a way, I hope so. While the regional ranks would dwindle considerably, atleast the combined industry would be profitable again, with a lot less seats on market.

Under US Air express, I brought 7 pax between from DCA to HSV (Alabama) one day and brought two back. The flight was over 1.5! WTF!?! With rediculous schedules such as that, I wonder about our future. Atleast requiring all flights, or majority of them, to turn a profit would be starting somewhere.

~wheelsup

dnkt said:
Screw the union they aren't going to do a thing for us!!!!!!! I hope all you Mesa and *************************s scums enjoy flying for shoot wages the rest of your lifes. Ever time im at ORD i just laugh at all you scum bags and your 8 days off a month. Usually I just laugh to myself but im going to start letting you all know what i think of you when i walk by you with my XJT badge on. Have a great day you bottom feeders.

Classy!

Latest resources

Back