• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Celebrities in FBOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tom Petty and the Heartbrakers boarding a Gulfstream at Million Air in TEB.
Jesus Christ in LAS.

Jesus Christ in LAS.
There's a large group of people who keep annoying me with questions about whether or not I have found this guy. At least now I know where to tell 'em to look.

Thanks! :)

Beelzebubba

I flew "Grandpa Munster" on a commercial flight a few years ago. He looked exactly as he appeared on the "Munsters". He was a bitter old man, with an old-man smell, and a sour attitude that repulsed all near him. The FA's said he was a total a$$wipe to everybody.

The Country music people tend to be incredibly nice to the FA's and people around them. Hollyweird stars are hit or miss, either nice as can be, or arrogant and abrasive.

There's a famous story about Oprah Winfrey in 1st class, who decided that the white #1 wasn't good enough to serve her, and demanded the African-American FA in coach trade places with the #1. Since I wasn't there, I can't vouch for the truth of it, but apparently Oprah is one of the most demanding, irritating passengers ever to grace a commercial flight.

I did one sports charter... flew the Detroit Tigers from a night game back to their home-drome. They all drank about 6 beers each, then fell asleep. What freaked me out a bit was that they all looked like they were in high-school. At that point, I realized I had become an old fart. :rolleyes:

Delroy Lindo standing behind me at the Dollar rent a car in EWR.

Motley crew on a flight from IAH-MCO when I was commuting to work. The F/A asked if I had ever heard of them and said they are in fact a "Motley" bunch. She told me after we landed they emptied out the liquor box.

Rupert Boneham-
Survivor winner. Had him on one of my flights EWR-DSM

Rupert.jpg

Billy Crystal in NYC

Ian Dury from Ian and the Blockheads

B-52's

Evander Hollifield IAH-ATL after the "EAR" incident

Annabella Sciorra- Gloria Trillo from the Sopranos in C terminal EWR

Medowlark Lemmon- Harlem Globetrotters

BACKSTREET BOYS MCO-IAH flight commuting to work

Joan Jett- she lived around the corner from me in NY. Used to see her all the time a the local pizza joint. She is really short!

I remember my dad coming home one day and telling me he met Paul Newman when he was filming Fort Apache the Bronx. He said that he looked really skinny and offered to buy him some lunch. Paul took him up on a cup of coffee. He sat and chatted with him for about a half hour. Said he was a great guy.

Steve Baldwin while my better half was on a film crew for one of his movies in MIA.

Tom Berenger

Dennis Rodman

Carme Electra

Ron Silver

Maxine Bahns

Marcos A. Ferraez- "Pacific Blue"

Thomas Ian Nicholas- American Wedding

Last edited:
Swede said:
There's a famous story about Oprah Winfrey in 1st class, who decided that the white #1 wasn't good enough to serve her, and demanded the African-American FA in coach trade places with the #1. Since I wasn't there, I can't vouch for the truth of it, but apparently Oprah is one of the most demanding, irritating passengers ever to grace a commercial flight.
I've never heard that story, but her behavior after being "snubbed" at Hermes was ridiculous. They weren't racist...they were CLOSED for Chrissake!

This is a bit dated, back when I was a ramper at Santa Barbara Aviation.

Met and chatted with John Travolta. At the time his pilot was Doug G., they flew a Citation and a JetStar. He used to hang around the FBO and was usually pretty down to earth.

Pamela Hensley ( Princess Ardala from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century ) and her TV producer boyfriend used to fly in from SMO in a red Beech Staggerwing. One of our CFIs was giving her dual at the time. Oh, what I would have done to give her some dual :p .

Bo Derek, both at the airport and in town.

Kathy Ireland back when she had a very high pitched voice and burped like a man. There's a story there, but I'm not telling it on this board.

Andre the Giant in the terminal at Dayton. Big lumbering giant walking down the terminal in the middle of winter sweating like a pig. Ended up in first class on my flight to PIT. I thought to myself, " that guys going to die of a heart attack soon ". Unfortunately I was right.

Steve Ritchie, top scoring ace* of the USAF during Vietnam, from IAH to CLT. Nice guy, gave me an autographed photo, woohoo :rolleyes:. I like my Julie Clark autographed photo better.

TP

* Robin Olds was most likely the top USAF fighter pilot of Vietnam. He just didn't want a fifth or they would have sent him home.

Why were they dressed up at the FBO? It must have been something to see Hulk get out of a Lear 25. Isn't he like 6'8"?

Stood right next to him at Universal in Orlando waiting to get on one of the rides. He sat in the row right in front of me and my buddies. He was much smaller than I would have thought. I think I could take him!?

Larry Holmes was on one of our flights into EWR. Now there is a big dude. Came up and shook our hands after the flight. Seemed like a real nice guy.

George W flew into our little airport back when he was Governor. Took pictures, climbed up on our airplanes and was a great guy.

Latest resources

Back