• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Celebrities in FBOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While working at an FBO at PWK I have seen Michael Jordan, Bernie Mac, Bush SR, and JR, Roselyn Carter, Lance Armstrong, Hillary Clinton, Chi Chi Rodriguez, Antonio Banderez, Tom Cruise, Shannon Elizabeth, Mike Ditka, Scottie Pippen, and a bunch others that I can not remember off hand.

I have a friend that works a Van Nyes, and he is always seeing celebrities.

Once in TX when GWB was governor, he came into Wichita falls for something, and me and friend were on the ramp.

My friend had a starlite kitplane, really small single seat rotax powered, and GWB teased my friend and asked if it was his radio control plane.

Helped carry Faith Hills belongings from the G-4 to the bus in LNK...She had on a pink skirt coming down the stairs ..didnt see any fur or morning dew...but damn when she said hello to me I about fell over......

Also stood behind Anthony Hopkins at LAX in security..he had a Quantas ticket....

FL000 said:
TonyC said:
OK, what am I missing here?

Hint: I've never met Bea Arthur
Well, then I'm even more confused. Let me back up here a bit...

FL000 said:
I flew one of Hollywood's few class acts before she was widely known. She went on to win an Oscar for best actress, but failed to thank me. She's more beautiful in person, and very down-to-earth.
Dolomite1and2 said:
And who might she be?
FL000 said:
Bea Arthur

Fast forward to where I found the thread and commented:
TonyC said:
I know Bea Arthur gained notoriety for advocating (as Maude) abortion in the early 70's and for her support for NOW, but I don't recall her winning an Oscar. Do you recall the role or the year?

(Oscars isn't my favorite Jeapordy category, BTW. :) )

I thought you might have been describing Helen Hunt.
to which YGBSM had this to say:
YGBSM said:
Not a big reader. Thrust levers vs throttles, 60 vs 80 knots for standard power, and now this.

Careful with that FPR.

It was to HIS remark that I puzzled:
TonyC said:
OK, what am I missing here?

That's the long and short of THAT subplot of this thread. Unfortunately, your "hint" is only more confusing.

Who is the Oscar winner you flew?

:)

Bea Arthur? Aunt Bea? Bea All You Can Bea! I'm getting sooo confused! AAANNNDYYY! OOOPIEE!

(Aint Bea!)

P.S. God'll get you for that, Walter!

I was sitting in coach on American sometime in 93 or 94, when an FA came out from behind the first class curtain, stopped just in front of me in the aisle, scrunched down and put her hands on her knees, and with a big Texas smile, said "There's someone in first class that I bet you'd like to meet! How would you like to meet Emmitt Smith?" I was a little surprised, and thought "I wonder how she knew I went to Florida? Why yes, yes I would like to meet Emmitt. I saw him play some great games." When I was THIS CLOSE (put your fingers very close together) to saying something, I heard this very loud "YEAH" from the little kid in the seat behind me in his Cowboys t-shirt and Cowboys hat, who jumped out of his seat and went up to first class with her.

Another brush with geekdom narrowly averted.

Swede said:
There's a famous story about Oprah Winfrey in 1st class, who decided that the white #1 wasn't good enough to serve her, and demanded the African-American FA in coach trade places with the #1. Since I wasn't there, I can't vouch for the truth of it, but apparently Oprah is one of the most demanding, irritating passengers ever to grace a commercial flight.

Flown Oprah on her jet. Nice as she could be.

PS I am not black

Other celebrities I have flown:

Osama Bin Laden: Very nervous. Kept looking out the window (that line guy looks like Bush! Get going! Now! Now, Dammit, you infidel dog pilots!).
Jimmy Hoffa: Looked very bony and smelled bad.
Michael Moore: Blamed Bush for ground stop @ TEB. Ate all the stock and crew meals. Never stopped farting during 5 hour leg to SMO.
Howard Dean: scared the sh*t out of pilots by yelling "We're going to Burlington! YEEEEAAAHHHH! after takeoff from IAD.
Renee Zellweger: Struck up a conversation with my co-pilot, married him, and then filed for annullment through Flitephone during TEB-MVY leg.
John Kerry: kept changing destination in-flight (take me to Sun Valley! No, make that Boston! Wait a minute! I want to go to Las Vegas! I won the Silver Star, you know! The Horror! The Hhhorror! as he lay on the divan with a wet towel on his head)
Martha Stewart: kept insisting on trading "cigarettes and tits" for a bag of peanuts and a tea bag (while subtly showing us a shank made from the lav T-handle hidden in her bra).
Karl Rove: openly toyed with the idea of revealing the names of all the "Flaming Douchebags" posting on The Hangar to the registered members at large. (Don't flame me! I consider Karl "The Man!")
William Shatner: I ... must... get... to ... Rigel 4. How's ... the weather? What??? I NEED YOU TO GIVE ME ... ALL SHE'S GOT !!! Uhura! Open up a hailing frequency to New York Center! Warp factor 9 Mr. Sulu! Not now Bones! Let's boldly go where no self-respecting pilot has gone before!!! Naah Naaah, naah naah naah naah naaaaah, ... (wooooosh!).
Jesse Jackson: kept reciting prose during entire flight: " If you're flying in a Lear, you need not fear!" "Not flying charter is harder; flying in a crowded Boeing is no way to be going!"
Michael Jackson: ... Naaahh! Never mind! (HEEE HEEE HEEEEE!). (Are you a new co-pilot? You look very young! How old are you? Would you like some wine?).
Jason Voorhees: Would not remove hockey mask (ID picture was wearing said mask). Strange Sha Sha Sha Sha Sha sound throughout entire flight. Co-pilot, and nubile teen-age bimbo tart female passenger, never returned from trips to lav. Company complained about condition plane was left in (something about a head in the lav. What a bunch of pussies!).

Latest resources

Back