Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
leardawg said:
Other celebrities I have flown:

Osama Bin Laden: Very nervous. Kept looking out the window (that line guy looks like Bush! Get going! Now! Now, Dammit, you infidel dog pilots!).
Jimmy Hoffa: Looked very bony and smelled bad.
Michael Moore: Blamed Bush for ground stop @ TEB. Ate all the stock and crew meals. Never stopped farting during 5 hour leg to SMO.
Howard Dean: scared the sh*t out of pilots by yelling "We're going to Burlington! YEEEEAAAHHHH! after takeoff from IAD.
Renee Zellweger: Struck up a conversation with my co-pilot, married him, and then filed for annullment through Flitephone during TEB-MVY leg.
John Kerry: kept changing destination in-flight (take me to Sun Valley! No, make that Boston! Wait a minute! I want to go to Las Vegas! I won the Silver Star, you know! The Horror! The Hhhorror! as he lay on the divan with a wet towel on his head)
Martha Stewart: kept insisting on trading "cigarettes and tits" for a bag of peanuts and a tea bag (while subtly showing us a shank made from the lav T-handle hidden in her bra).
Karl Rove: openly toyed with the idea of revealing the names of all the "Flaming Douchebags" posting on The Hangar to the registered members at large. (Don't flame me! I consider Karl "The Man!")
William Shatner: I ... must... get... to ... Rigel 4. How's ... the weather? What??? I NEED YOU TO GIVE ME ... ALL SHE'S GOT !!! Uhura! Open up a hailing frequency to New York Center! Warp factor 9 Mr. Sulu! Not now Bones! Let's boldly go where no self-respecting pilot has gone before!!! Naah Naaah, naah naah naah naah naaaaah, ... (wooooosh!).
Jesse Jackson: kept reciting prose during entire flight: " If you're flying in a Lear, you need not fear!" "Not flying charter is harder; flying in a crowded Boeing is no way to be going!"
Michael Jackson: ... Naaahh! Never mind! (HEEE HEEE HEEEEE!). (Are you a new co-pilot? You look very young! How old are you? Would you like some wine?).
Jason Voorhees: Would not remove hockey mask (ID picture was wearing said mask). Strange Sha Sha Sha Sha Sha sound throughout entire flight. Co-pilot, and nubile teen-age bimbo tart female passenger, never returned from trips to lav. Company complained about condition plane was left in (something about a head in the lav. What a bunch of pussies!).

LMAO

Hilarious

Funny Leardog.

Let's see. I don't really know why anyone cares who we've seen in an FBO or terminal, but after seven pages I figured we all care. So, here goes:

The first celeb I ran into in a terminal was Gomer Pyle, sorry that would be Jim Nabors, getting off the bullpen bus at Denver Stapleton. He was wearing a full length fur coat in the summer time, and large sun-glasses. He wasn't acknowledging anyone. Sorry Jim, your full length mink in the 90 degree heat sort or gives you away. I've seen Dan Dierdorf and John Sally at Fort Lauderdale. (Dierdorfs expression made for certain that no one approached him.What a surly looking man.) Bill Bradley at Newark, he was standing in line to buy coffee just like the rest of us.

I've flown Marilyn MaCoo and Billy Davis(great people), John Schnieder(real nice man), Bill Bennet (a bit of an arse), Steve Forbes (nice, but absolutely ZERO personality), various sports figures (Jeff Bagwell was nice, most don't give you the time of day), Clint Longley (sitting in coach to Vegas), Merideth Baxter-Birney (not really nice, but my landing sucked so I deserved it) My FA's occasionally tell me about some young famous musician, but I don't know em so I don't remember their names:) I carried a load of strippers out of Lake Powell once. I don't know if they were famous, my FO seemed to think so.(dumb as a box of rocks)

I tend to ignore someones celebrity status and talk to them as normal people. The best conversation I ever has was with Gallagher at ABQ. We talked about aviation, and stuff in general for about twenty minutes. Me the junior Mesa King Air FO, talking to the worlds best comic, who'd a thunk it?

And to answer the original question. In FBO's I've run into these: Jeff Burton at Signature MCO (nice guy, but not really outgoing, his ride was late and he couldn't decide if I knew who he was or not:D) Michael Douglas at Signature ORD ( he did his best to ignore every last person in the entire FBO) Richard Petty at ISM.(nice guy, but in a hurry) Bobby Rahal at LAS (in a hurry as well)

Overall, I've found celebrities to be a cross section of society. Some jerks, some real nice, most just there.

I almost left out my most special celebrity moment. I was sitting on the throne taking care of paperwork at Signature DCA back in 96 or 97 and I hear a familiar voice just outside the stall door. George Bush 41 was taking a leak. I pottied in the presence of a President!!!!!!!!
What an honor. Seriously, I'm still amazed that the secret service didn't sweep the room before he was allowed to enter.

engima

PS, I almost left out two significant persons. First would be any one of the counter girls at MillionAir Addison back in the 90's. Second, A buddy in college who shared some multi time with me brought along his wife one day. She was one year removed from being a Cowboys Cheerleader. Thanks Wes.

PPS, I ran into mar at the uniform shop in Miami. My first celebrity FI sighting:D

PPPS, I can't end without mentioning the Corporate Captain I watched enter the MillionAire MDW. This guy was dressed up like the Titanic Captain. He HAD to be some sort of celebrity, even if it was only in his own mind.

Lets see if i can make this into another page and be the last post...

Memphis Grisleys
LA Lakers (saw Koby make a jackass out of himself with a f/a about three months after his Coloardo deal and Shaq is really cool but just a really big guy
Pacers (and yes, Ron Arties is a little bitch)
Kings
Clippers
Spurs
Nets
Wizards
Golden State Warriors
76er’s
Phylers
Bobcats
Kings
Timberwolves
Texas Rangers
Grizzles
NJ Devils
Nashville Predators
And a few other pro sports teams and college teams ( that I cant remember)
Majority of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Not to metion all the work we have done involving the DoD, DoE (and there mysterious container that had to be in the cabin but wouldn’t tell us how much it weighed) Secret Service, US Marshalls and all the illegals that I have flown to be deported

Met
Jenna Elfman (kinda strange and I think a chain smoker)
Catherin Manhamine (mega bitch)
Garry Busey (on a AA jumpseat and he was a jackass)
John Travolta ( at a Denny at 2 in the Morning back when he still had property in Spruce Creek and his manager? was a jackass.
Mark Martin (used to eat breakfast with him and didn’t know who he was)
The Pettys (friends of my mom)
Scott Crossfield (got his autograph on a copy of the Right Stuff.,.cool little old dude…hope I am like him one day)
Have flown mission support for the xv-15 and flew in formation with it from TX to DC…long day…

And more that I CANT REMEMBER

Had the lead singer from Everclear on the same flight as me once into ICT. I saw that one lady from the Florida election screwup...what's her name? Katherine Harris maybe? Eh...you know who I mean...anyway saw her at MCI. And I'm 99% sure I saw Hulk Hogan on a Harley near Leisure World in the Laguna Beach area, lol.

I've seen at fbo's:
Barry Manilow
President Ford
Jeb Bush (his pre-gubenor days)
Chuck Schumer (schmuck)

On my airline flights:
Engleberg Humperdink
John Edwards
numerous WWF types

On my charter flights:
Jeff Daniels (nice guy)
Steve Mariucci

dispatcher121 said:
Oh he's been a celebrity long before FI! :cool:

Keeping with the subject at hand. My son handled Bill Cosby at the FBO where he used to work. Mr. Cosby was very rude and wouldn't even talk to him...his pilots wouldn't speak to him either. My son had a difficult time communicating with them. :confused:

<I'll let you guess why they wouldn't talk to him.>

I ran into The Cos @ KACT and his G4 pilots. They were very nice to us. This was back when I had fresh ink on my private license. BTW: I'm neither black or white.

Clint Longley (sitting in coach to Vegas)

Holy Crap! I'll bet that I am the only other guy on this board that knows who this guy is. He sure would have been handy last Monday, though;) . Why am I not surprised that he was flying coach?
I found a great recollection of his fifteen minutes of fame on this site http://thefatguy.com/?p=1976 .

westwind said:
Holy Crap! I'll bet that I am the only other guy on this board that knows who this guy is. He sure would have been handy last Monday, though;) . Why am I not surprised that he was flying coach?
I found a great recollection of his fifteen minutes of fame on this site http://thefatguy.com/?p=1976 .

I hate the cowboys! We finally broke some hearts in big D for a change! Hail to the Redskins!

Being in the frax we see a lot of these yahoos. Like someone said above, you get the good with the bad.

A few summers ago I was flying a big time college football coach who had won the National Championship the year before. While I was waiting for him a Lear pulls in and this big guy comes ambling up and yells "Hey, you must be waiting on the _ _ _ _ _ _ brothers!" I guess they were doing a football camp or something.

I'm thinking who is this guy. He comes up and we start talking airplanes and he hangs out with me for twenty minutes just shooting the breeze. It turns out it's Bernie Kosar! Great guy. Just yucking it up and full of life.

ooooh, bernie kosar. i remember those years with the Browns....

Latest resources

Back