• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Celebrities in FBOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ran into Faith Hill and Tim McGraw in TEB the night of the save Katrina special......was flying an unnamed CBS news guy home to NYC. I've flown Roy Jones Jr. in the past......nice guy, tipped $100 bucks. Ran into James Cromwell in ATL on one of the commercial concourses, very nice man. Also met Lance Storm in LIT when commuting into work durning my airline days. Nice guy, short, built like a tank.

Celebs aren't a big deal to me, I just treat 'em like normal folks....say hi.

Midnight Flyer said:
...she took her shoes off and was trimming her toenails on board and the nails were shooting all over first class on the other passengers...gross.
Hey, someone could probably make a lot of money on eBay selling those puppies! :D

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Jimmy Buffett yet. I met him a couple times in Connecticut and was threatened with termination from my CFI job because I had my picture taken with him. I guess asking the owner of my company to take the photo wasn't the best idea. :D

-Orca Winfrey while she was visiting her friend Gayle in CT.
-Kenny Rogers at BDL.
-That dorky musical guy from Letterman at HPN.
-Harrison Ford at CAK. Nice guy.
-Trishelle (from the Real World) in ATL. I think I'm the only guy in the world she wouldn't sleep with. :(
-Flew Bob Hoover :cool:, Tex Hill (Flying Tigers), and Joe McGee (Tuskeegee Airman) from MGM to ATL. Haven't felt that self-concious about my flying in a long time!
-Just missed a very impaired, make that sh!t faced, Billy Joel getting on his charter Helicopter from CT back to Long Island.

More to be added once I think of them.

Anyone ever run into John Madden in a rest stop? i did...i've had August Bush (budweiser guy), Kurt Busch (NASCAR guy), several State Govs. and crap like that at my airport...

My flying partner back at FLOPS was in the snack room at SMO and saw some kids trying to get candy out of a machine. They were about a quarter short, so my buddy reached into his pocket and pulled out some change. He heard "I can take care of my own fu&$ing kids", and turned around to see Sean Penn. Apparently as big of a tool as is reported.

shamrock said:
-Flew Bob Hoover :cool:, Tex Hill (Flying Tigers), and Joe McGee (Tuskeegee Airman) from MGM to ATL. Haven't felt that self-concious about my flying in a long time!

No pressure there! My first flight as LJ-60 copilot I flew Astronaut Gene Cernan (last dude on the moon.) Nice guy. Come to find out he's like a celebrity spokesmodel for Bombardier and is typed in the 60. And he still flies a lowly little C-421. I think that's just pretty cool.

I've flown:

Michael Douglas/ Cathrine Zeta Jones: Super nice, down to earth people. She is even more beautiful in person! She was shorter then I expected, though.

Sir Paul: Great guy, but a little quiet. He did give us a tip and told us to buy a few pints on our layover. We did have to remove all meat products and hunting magazines from the a/c before he arrived....

Neil Armstrong: He is a true American hero in my mind. I've flown him a few times since he is a friend of our CEO. The first time we flew him, he came up to the cockpit and asked a few general questions about the 604 while enroute. It was the highlight of my career!

Liz Claiborne: Nice lady, but uses to much of her own makeup.

Sean Combs (or whatever name he is using this week) and possey: Let's just say my boss said he will never be on our a/c again.

We did have a trip scheduled w/ Faith Hill but it cancled. ....I was majorly bummed!

SCT said:
Sean Combs (or whatever name he is using this week) and possey: Let's just say my boss said he will never be on our a/c again.

When we flew him he asked about a dozen times if we were going to carry his luggage OFF THE PLANE. No, you moron we're going to leave it. I've always wanted a tack-a-licious Louie Vuitton bag full of SeanJean shirts and furs in case I decide to take up Pimpin' for a hobbie.

A few more I have flown:

O.J. Simpson and Robert Blake: they've apparently pooled their resources in a determined and un-ending effort to find the REAL killers of their respective spouses. O.J. had his golf clubs with him, planning to go undercover at Pebble Beach. I overheard Blake say " I ain't goin to no sissy rich-boy country club, and you can take dat to da bank! Dat's da name o' dat tune!" We dropped him off in LAS, where he was planning on following a hot lead at the Mustang Ranch.

Steven Segal: Apparently, the party he was flying with turned out to be an evil criminal-genius master-mind, along with his ex-commando henchmen. Their plan was to hook into Norad via laptop and flightfone, and demand that a Billion dollars be deposited in a secret bank account, or they would start WWIII. Luckily, Mr. Segal was in the lav when they made their move. He apparently crawled down through the toilet, and for the next several hours (TEB to SMO), moved through the bowels of the airplane, dispatching the bad guys one by one. Earlier, we knew we were safe when we heard a noise, and saw Segal's face peering up through the space by my rudder pedals, making the "ssssshhhhh" sign! All of this in a Hawker 800XP!

Come to thing of it, similar experiences happened flying both Bruce Willis and Chuck Norris.

Arnold Schwarzenneger: Really lit into us when we told him we would have to delay our departure due to destination weather: "You ah both nothing but a bunch of little Girlie-Men! Look at you both! I can crush your heads with my thumb and foah-fingah! Your buttocks ah flabby, like two marshmallows. Lucky for you dze FBO does not have dze camp-fire!"

The Sling Blade Dude: Very particular on his catering: "Biscuits and mustard. A bag of them sliced dried taters. A bottle of sodie-pop. Mmmmmmm." Delivered in a paper bag with a big grease stain on the bottom. Luggage consisted of identical bag.

The Dukes of Hazzard dudes: There was another jet on the ramp apparently chartered by Boss Hogg, in an attemp to follow the dukes and catch them up to no good. Daisy distracted the line guys while the boys reprogrammed the FMS to coordinates in the middle of the Pacific. The last transmission we heard from that jet was "This is Sheriff Roscoe P. Choltrane, and we are lost! Repeat Lost! Oooooohhhh, kewkewkew!" Meanwhile, back at the cabin Uncle Jesse ...

Tried to get through a small crowd at a Signature at Detroit City on our way to Canada to drop off one of our mechanics. I was a little annoyed with a group of teenagers dressed in "trendy rags" and they shuffled by me from the counter to their G-IV or V. I was chatting with the guy at the counter and said something like "nice plane those guys have... rich parents?" He laughed and said it was Maroon 5 and I guess with some of their friends.

Adam

Latest resources

Back