• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Celebrities in FBOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flew Gabby Reese from IAD to RIC about 6 years ago. I'm still not sure how she crammed herself into that J41. Flew Andie McDowell from GSP to LGA a while back. She was very nice and gave us all autographs. Chris Collinsworth from LGA to CVG. Tall guy.

At Clay Lacy in BFI, I saw:

1. Governor of Washington State and one of the Senators, on their way to NAS Whidbey Island, to greet the crew of the EP-3C that collided with a Chinese fighter and made an emergency landing in Chinese territory. It was a little strange seeing them in-person, then a couple of hours later live on CNN.

2. Larry Flynt's airplane. What caught my eye was this bizjet in a metallic gold paint job with black trim. Then I noticed the N-number ended in "LF." Asked around the flight school I was teaching at if they noticed this plane. I was told he was in Seattle to promote a book.

3. John Kerry during the campaign.

Back in 2001, at RNT, the Governor again. He flew in on a Blackhawk helo touring the area after the Puget Sound earthquake hit. Got to stand next to him in my flying club's office and listen to him talk to President Bush about the quake damage.

Chevy Chase asked me for a ciggarette in LAX, didnt realize who he was even after he asked if I wanted his autograph....kind of pompous.

Flew a VIP (HINT: he was once married to Elizabeth Taylor) into Frankfurt. About a half-hour out, “someone” on the flight deck cut some cheese that could’ve chased a maggot off a corpse. Everyone on the crew denied being the creative force behind this malodorous masterpiece and we soon troubleshot/isolated the cause to a defective VIP since he was the only one who didn’t deny it; but then, he couldn’t have denied it since he didn’t have a headset, right? We were yucking it up with the usual feigned-watering-eyes routines and the “open-a-window” and “let’s-get-on-oxygen” jokes. I turned around to discover that our brilliant engineer had taken it upon himself to issue the VIP a loaner headset (surprise!), but he appeared to be sleeping so maybe he didn’t hear us or he’d at least keep pretending like he didn’t hear us. When we got on the deck, he thanked us all and paid us some nice compliments and off he went with some general officers. We told our ops officer about the flight and the uber-flatus and all, and our ops officer says, “Well, now we know why Liz left him.”

Swede said:
There's a famous story about Oprah Winfrey in 1st class, who decided that the white #1 wasn't good enough to serve her, and demanded the African-American FA in coach trade places with the #1. Since I wasn't there, I can't vouch for the truth of it, but apparently Oprah is one of the most demanding, irritating passengers ever to grace a commercial flight.

I don't fly people, I fly freight, but my father is a captain for one of the legacy's and he had Oprah on his flight a few years ago. He said the flight attendants kept complaining to him that she took her shoes off and was trimming her toenails on board and the nails were shooting all over first class on the other passengers...gross.

Midnight Flyer said:
He said the flight attendants kept complaining to him that she took her shoes off and was trimming her toenails on board and the nails were shooting all over first class on the other passengers...gross.

FA should've thrown a handful of macadamia nuts at her...

Darrell Waltrip (Super Bowl in Jacksonville)
Few guys from Earth Wind and Fire (Super Bowl in Jacksonville)
Stephon Marbury (Knicks guard-Dream Team had a practice in JAX)
Ron Zook (came out of a C421 in Jacksonville, i think he was recruiting)
Mark Richt (came out of a UGA C-414 in Jacksonville, forgot if recruiting or if there was a game)
Atlanta Falcons G-4 parked on the ramp for a preseason game against Jaguars, Im sure one of the Blanks was aboard, but I dont know what they look like.

Latest resources

Back