• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Celebrities in FBOs

SinglePliot135

Total Time
Was waiting in line at Signature MEM last Tues and heard a familiar voice in front of me.. He turns around, it was Morgan Freeman! He was later out on the ramp poking N1AT, a smal citation, with the pilot.

Anyone have any stories about famous people in FBOs?

Also saw N1KE on the ramp there, thats gotta be the best callsign!

Dangerkitty

Total Time
SinglePliot135 said:
Was waiting in line at Signature MEM last Tues and heard a familiar voice in front of me.. He turns around, it was Morgan Freeman! He was later out on the ramp poking N1AT, a smal citation, with the pilot.

Anyone have any stories about famous people in FBOs?

Also saw N1KE on the ramp there, thats gotta be the best callsign!

I saw Rosie O'Donell in MIA at Signature a few months ago. If you think she looks bad on TV then you should see her in person. Probably the ugliest female alive on the planet. Well no I take that back, her "life partner" is the ugliest female on the planet.

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
Total Time
I ran into Bob Dole in a kentucky airport bathroom in a small town. Saw Howie Long and Tom "I love this woman" Cruise in Fargo.

Saw a couple of the guys from REM in Bangor this week.

sidseal

Total Time
2500+
I have flown several celebrities (sorry, no names). Saw Vince Gill and Amy Grant in ASE. Bumped in to Steven Speilberg coming out of the restroom in SLC, you should've seen his Global Express...sweet! Stood behind LeBron James in IAD while waiting to get a cup of coffee.

Consigliere
Total Time
-
About 10 years ago, I saw Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Savage in RDU. They got off an old charter Lear 25. Kind of hard not to laugh when you see two grown men wearing tights at an FBO.

viper548

Total Time
501261 said:
About 10 years ago, I saw Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Savage in RDU. They got off an old charter Lear 25. Kind of hard not to laugh when you see two grown men wearing tights at an FBO.
Why were they dressed up at the FBO? It must have been something to see Hulk get out of a Lear 25. Isn't he like 6'8"?

viper548

Total Time
I sat next to Anna Kournikova on a UA flight a couple months ago

Consigliere
Total Time
-
viper548 said:
Why were they dressed up at the FBO? It must have been something to see Hulk get out of a Lear 25. Isn't he like 6'8"?
I guess they were going to a show, and actually no, they really weren't that big. I think Hulk is about 6'3'' and Macho a little shorter.

viper548

Total Time
501261 said:
I guess they were going to a show, and actually no, they really weren't that big. I think Hulk is about 6'3'' and Macho a little shorter.
I wouldn't laugh at anyone that could body slam Andre the Giant no matter what they were wearing

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
Total Time
ashley simpson in TUL before her SNL and college bowl debacle

Brett Hull

Pastafarian
Total Time
Saw Sylvester Stallone (All what looked like 5'2" of him), Bernadette Peters (nice butt for a 50 year old) :eek: , Duran Duran, Jessica Lynch, and walked right by Dan Rather and Dan Marino and didn't notice either until the boss told me I walked right by them. All at Million Air TEB.

erj-145mech

Total Time
Willie Nelson came through my FBO a few years ago. I had a hanger mouser cat that had some huge gonads. When the cat walked around, he kept his tail erect. When the cat was walking away, Willie looked at him and said, "Looks like an exclamation point". Everybody cracked up.

El Bucho

Total Time
5000+
Matt LeBlanc and wife at the MIA signature...dude he looked old. Gray beard stuble and everything. Rev. Al Sharpton at the Wok n' Roll in EWR "Excuse me siiiirrrrah....can you tell if there is meat in the egg rollssssaahh?" :) Dr Ruth in EWR too. Rod Stewart and David Spade on different days at Executive in LAS. We fly our share of celebs too. Most end up being pretty nice people.

EB

FrozenPilot

Total Time
2000+
About the closest I've come is a line guy at Ranger in ISM who services John Travolta's airplanes. Can't remember his name, but if you've ever talked with him, he'll tell you ALL about Travolta, and then some.

atrdriver

Living in Paradise
Total Time
5000+
We used to fly Courtney Cox and her hubby to PFN every year at spring break time...talk about someone who looks like $hit without makeup on.

dojetdriver

Total Time
Calista Flockhart in Driggs, Idaho. Apparently waiting for Harrison Ford to show up in his Gulfstream.

Sam Shepard and Chyna (or whatever her/his name is) in LGA. Had Johnny Cochrane on and Henry Rollins on planes I'd flown.

While Jumpeating to work, Monica Lewinsky and Barry Scheck, not on the same flight.

Last edited:

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Total Time
Little
The Governor of South Carolina and his next year's opponent both came thru Mercury Air Center at CHS yesterday. But I was feet-propped-up-and-snoring and didn't wake up for the parade.

Brother was tired. :D

Minh

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
Total Time
+1500
I've met and talked to Bill Cosby in ASE (truly one of the kindest, down to earth guys you'll ever meet), Toby Keith in OKC, Ted Nugent in DTW, Janet Reno in TUL, and saw Hillary Clinton at Piedmont in IAD.

And I'm sure all of us have seen many more celebrities and not realized it!

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Total Time
Enough
I missed meeting John Mellencamp at an FBO in Bloomington, IN 'cuz my FA decided she HAD to have lunch, and I mean RIGHT NOW, so naturally in the hour we were gone he had come through and departed.

Worst part is that she had overheard the people at the desk saying that he was coming in, but she didn't recognize the name and didn't mention it to me (I was outside at the time).

*grrrr*

ATRedneck

Live to fly, fly to live
Total Time
>7000
Daisy Fuentes in Raytheon SAT

Dale Earnhardt and Tom Landry (not at the same time, and obviously before they were both dead) at Signature AUS (the old AUS)

Darryl Strawberry, the guys from American Chopper, the lead singer from Blues Traveler, the dude from the Cars, all in terminal C in EWR

Bob Uecker in the terminal at MKE

Lyle Lovett (uuuuuugly m.f.) in terminal C IAH

Roger Clemens in terminal B IAH