Celebrities in FBOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dispatcher121 said:
Keeping with the subject at hand. My son handled Bill Cosby at the FBO where he used to work. Mr. Cosby was very rude and wouldn't even talk to him...his pilots wouldn't speak to him either. My son had a difficult time communicating with them. :confused:

<I'll let you guess why they wouldn't talk to him.>
He's a black teenager named 'Kunta' or 'Quifiri' or some weird sh!t, with baggy pants, $100 sneakers and a gangsta' attitude spewing profanity and misoginystic idiom all over the ramp?

Just a guess...Bill's not down with that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
PS, I almost left out two significant persons. First would be any one of the counter girls at MillionAir Addison back in the 90's.

Brother man, you just brought back some great memories! They were all blond, tall and stacked.

Huck said:
Brother man, you just brought back some great memories! They were all blond, tall and stacked.

Oh yeah. I made a few trips to Millionair addison too. All of those girls there were playboy material then

Princess Di

Met/hosted/flew lots of DVs from congressmen & women on down in my two tours in Italy. Have to say that of the representatives, the most personable was Tom Tancredo of CO.

The most memorable was some years ago ago, saw Princess Di up at Northolt getting onto the royal family's BAe 146. The poor RAF Capt that worked in base ops nearly had to mop up after himself he was so in love with her. With all due respect, she was quite the looker and had great legs.

Last edited:
Chevy Chase: Average guy. Had several IDs, including one for "Dr. Rosen- Rosen" and "Don Corleone". When I asked if I could get him any refreshments before departure, he replied : "Yes; bring me a Diet Coke, a glass of ice, a cup of warm fat, and the head of Alfredo Garcia."

One day, we were stuck in Guadalajara Mexico, grounded due to dense fog. Our passengers were all stressed out about being stuck in the middle of nowhere, and with nothing to do. Suddenly, a merry gentleman by the name of Senor Mambo (bearing an uncanny resemblance to the late John Candy) showed up out of the blue. With puffy shirt, frilled cuffs, multi-colored vest, and Matador pants, he proceded to regale the entire crowd with his Maracca-shaking musical extravaganza: ("C'mon everybody! LET'S MAMBO!!!). All the passengers, line and FBO personel, corporate crews, freight dogs, airline types, and yes, yours truly, spent the next couple of hours in a never-ending conga line of leg- strutting, hip-swinging mambo-mania!

The J. Peterman guy from Seinfeld: Cool but strange. Said he was on his way to meet with the Sultan of Oba-ma-mau-mau! After my co-pilot made a particularly bad landing, he accused him of having a drug problem, and offered to get him help for his opium addiction. When Forrest said "whaaaaat?", Peterman replied "You know what I'm talking about!! The White Lotus! Shanghai Sally! THE YAM YAM! Get help now, or you're fired.""

Last edited:
Flew Matt Foley, motivational speaker hired by IBT to drum up support for a Flight Options union and convince the remaining fence-sitters. He gave us his spiel on the pros of forming a union (as he grabbed his belt buckle and hitched up his pants): "Let me introduce myself. My name is Matt Foley, and I've been hired to talk to you pilots about why it's in your best interest to unionize. I too was once employed by a company similar to yours, and was a hard sell as far as a union was concerned. I waited until it was too late, and am now reaping the rewards. I'm hear to tell you not to wait and send in your cards now, or else you'll wind up like me LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

He eventually got so wound up and excited that he fell on top of the folding tables and smashed them. He spent the rest of the flight passed out in the aisle.

Boomhauer from King of the Hill: "Hey man was wang fbo n' sawn this hochick say'n "wayn goin" n'I sed "saym place yin goin" n' she sed "o yeh then imgone wiu" n' hersheis n' canshe golong yenowatimean man!" I said "Yeah, sure, two's company as they say!"

Charlie Callas: old Borscht-belt comic and sometime regular on Hollywood Squares. Came up to the cockpit and started conversing with us when vvvvvvvvvvT! he slumped forward on the center console with an arrow in his back. Dead as a doorknob, the poor guy never stood a chance. (OK, kind of an obscure reference and an indication I'm reaching the end of my creative rope, but some older guys might chuckle).

Sayonara!

Last edited:
Flown some minor celebs, but met a ton of musicians back in my paramedic days when we would cover concerts. The best were Trisha Yearwood (super nice, wasn't such a porker then) and Sammy Hagar when he was with Van Halen. Sammy is the MAN! Drank red wine and kept telling us about all his cars. Eddie and Alex wouldn't even come out of the dressing room.
Def Leppard guys were all really cool as well. Back when they were doing their concerts in the round, they climbed into a couple of laundry carts, had towels piled on top of them, and went right past the fans to the stage. Thought that was kinda cool.

Saw the Reverend Jessie Jackson waiting for a flight in Atlantic Aviation @ MSY yesterday (no doubt in town to stir up trouble).

I approached him and struck up a conversation. He replied "When you're hanging out in 'Lantic, there's no need to get pedantic! Now I take my leave to the crapper, unless you persist on being an insufferable yapper!"

I later heard him yelling from the john " Despite the presence of my noxious vapor, would someone Pleeeaze bring me a roll of toilet paper!"

Saw Nolan Ryan in GTU, very cool guy. Also saw Rodney Carrington at the FBO in ABI. Man, that guy was funny!

Latest resources

Back