• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Celebrities in FBOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I taxied up to the pumps at Georgetown, Texas a few years ago. Travolta's GII was there, and there was a small crowd of fans waiting for him. His pilots were letting people up the stairs to peak inside. I didn't see the great man, but he taxied out behind me.

A couple of days after Katrina passed through I flew an Angel Flight to Baton Rouge. I was standing in front of Lousiana Aero, waiting my turn for fuel. All of a sudden a motorcade came roaring up the ramp, police cars and police motorcycles with lights flashing in front and back of a black limo and a couple of black SUVs. I thought it was a Cabinet member or maybe the governer.

It was Payton Manning, the football player.

Last edited:
garf12 said:
Anyone had the pleasure of flying Mrs. Mariah Carry? There was an article a few months back in AOPA pilot about what a B!tch she is.
I guess ole Mariah can give Steven Seagal a run for his money. I've flown a bunch of celebs and let me tell ya I'll quit before I fly Seagal again.

parked next to jerry springer in Cincy, and the guy who sat next to Anna, can i have your autograph? howd you contain yourself????

Last edited:
Have flown:

- Martha Stewart: was apparently in a good mood. Gave each of us (pilots) a plum from her bag of fruit; waved goodbye as she was leaving.
- Peyton Manning: the most down-to-earth celebrity I have ever flown. Actually apologized for the amount of baggage and offered to help us load!
- Archie Manning: kind of stand-offish.
- Al Michaels: very down-to-earth and friendly; kind of a white-knuckle flyer.
-Fred Couples: Nice guy.
- Liv Ullman (actress): She and her party actually cleaned the cabin before landing and had everything in garbage bag and spotless.
- Senator Bill Frist: seemed OK.
- Sponge Bob Square Pants: very annoying.Drank all the water.
- Jessica Alba: wouldn't keep her hands off me. Had to wave the fire extinguisher and tell her repeatedly that I was married (No, not really. Just daydreaming).

Have seen: Emeril Legasse + John Mellencamp @ Jet Aviation TEB , some dude who's in a lot of movies-but-noone-knows-his-name type in LAS; Leelee Sobieski (hot actress) in Mercury SBA.

Just missed seeing: Robert DeNiro, while I was taking a dump in Toronto.
Robert Redford: while I retrieved something from the plane in LEX.
William Shatner: while I was fantasizing about Jessica Alba, in Avitat HPN.

501261 said:
I guess ole Mariah can give Steven Seagal a run for his money. I've flown a bunch of celebs and let me tell ya I'll quit before I fly Seagal again.

I've never flown the guy, but have talked to a couple of guys who have. According to anecdotal evidence, he might just be the biggest a**hole who ever chartered an airplane!

Since I have been flying 135, I haven't flown anybody famous. But for years prior I worked for an airline and an FBO, and met quite a few. The one that sticks out of the many is:

Craig Stadler (golfer) - It was my day off and I went into work to pick up my paycheck. He had just landed in a XA- Learjet and was waiting for his Citation Shares CJ. I was standing next to him at the counter while he was asking the girls if there was a burger/brew joint around. Well, needless to say I offered him a ride to a sports bar just down the street. He accepted and when we got to the bar, he insisted I join him for a few drinks. We were sitting at a table near the bar and what a weird feeling. Everyone in the place was pointing, whispering, etc. that a celebrity was in "their" hangout. He bought me dinner, a few beers, and then asked if I wanted a set of clubs! True class act!

Another quick one was: Drew Barrymore....What a sweetheart

I ran into Steven Tyler at the Norwood pilot shop. He was asking for directions (which I found odd, seeing as how he is from Boston).

Flew Mr. Rogers (of children's TV shows) from ACK - BOS. Really nice, didn't say much.

Stood next to Harrison Ford at the counter at Supermarine in SMO while he yelled at the kids for bring out the wrong plane - apparently he has several. Not cool.

Ahhh, Martha Stewart.... Ms. split personality.

Tony LaRussa on a team charter - Double rum, no melted ice!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back