Celebrities in FBOs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snakum said:
Oooh oooh ... I forgot ... I saw Maya Angelou (the poet) and Yaphet Koto (actor)in INT.

ok, you served it up, I'll take a swing at it. How could you tell them apart?

When the Final Four was in Atlanta, Len Dawson (Former Chiefs QB and current KC sportscaster) staggered down the jetway and got on my airplane, looking a bit worse for wear. Actually, a lot worse. Must have been a fun night....

I was at Signature in Vegas making my usual beeline from the airplane to the pisser when I turned a corner and ran smack into some tall chick, bounced off her while mumbling an apology, and went about my bidness without giving her another thought. During climbout as we were leaving, the guy I was flying with said "Y'know, I don't think most guys would have been so non-plussed about running into Brooke Shields." So now I'm haunted by what might have been......

I got my picture on the stairs of John Travolta's GII. Followed by Mr. Travolta pulling up in the Bentley, posing for a picture with the chauffer, then waving at me and line guys. Seemed like a real nice guy. The FBO did a great job of keeping it a secret, but somehow the reg on the GII caught my attention.

501261 said:
I guess ole Mariah can give Steven Seagal a run for his money. I've flown a bunch of celebs and let me tell ya I'll quit before I fly Seagal again.

So what happened?? You'd think Seagal would be a mellow guy.

ok, you served it up, I'll take a swing at it. How could you tell them apart?
Hayoooooooooo! :D :D :D

"You are co-RRECT, sir!"

501261 said:
I guess ole Mariah can give Steven Seagal a run for his money. I've flown a bunch of celebs and let me tell ya I'll quit before I fly Seagal again.

I guess he is a little sensitive that all of Hollywood makes fun of him for his terrible acting skills. Oh, and his career is in the $hitter and the best that he can hope for is to someday get some roles in a second rate chessy B film.

FL000 said:
I flew one of Hollywood's few class acts before she was widely known. She went on to win an Oscar for best actress, but failed to thank me. She's more beautiful in person, and very down-to-earth.
I know Bea Arthur gained notoriety for advocating (as Maude) abortion in the early 70's and for her support for NOW, but I don't recall her winning an Oscar. Do you recall the role or the year?

(Oscars isn't my favorite Jeapordy category, BTW. :) )

I thought you might have been describing Helen Hunt.

TonyC said:
I know Bea Arthur gained notoriety for advocating (as Maude) abortion in the early 70's and for her support for NOW, but I don't recall her winning an Oscar. Do you recall the role or the year?

(Oscars isn't my favorite Jeapordy category, BTW. :) )

I thought you might have been describing Helen Hunt.

Not a big reader. Thrust levers vs throttles, 60 vs 80 knots for standard power, and now this.

Careful with that FPR.

Latest resources

Back