• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking Colgan Alpa News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey 70SS, Just wait until these these nerds show up for there "dream job" interview and they ask why they voted down ALPA when they worked at Colgan... I'm sure a current ALPA carrier would really want someone onboard that votes against the union that they are represented by!!!!

Not everyone voted against the union. To say that every Colgan pilot's "dream job" interview is screwed because of this failed vote is a$inine.

Farking apathetic bastards in this industry...:(

Well ya' see, my plan is that I'm gonna fly for a turboprop carrier for 6 months, maybe a year. Then I'll have enough time to get picked up by a carrier that has RJs, maybe even some of the shiny 70 and 90 seat ones. I'll probably have to be a first officer there for a year or two but then I should be plenty qualified to go on to a major airline like FedEx, United, or whoever I choose.

So since I won't be at this turboprop gig too long I really don't think it's my place to vote on this issue. :rolleyes:

Well ya' see, my plan is that I'm gonna fly for a turboprop carrier for 6 months, maybe a year. Then I'll have enough time to get picked up by a carrier that has RJs, maybe even some of the shiny 70 and 90 seat ones. I'll probably have to be a first officer there for a year or two but then I should be plenty qualified to go on to a major airline like FedEx, United, or whoever I choose.

So since I won't be at this turboprop gig too long I really don't think it's my place to vote on this issue. :rolleyes:

Oh that sounds just like most of the colgan 155!!!!!!!!!

We should all get stickers that have a BIG 155 and a red circle with a line through it made up...Great idea for Xmas! Still waiting for the other shoe to drop from the PCL MEC. But, whatever happens we lost our chance to even litigate their decision(s). Best of luck to the PCL guys getting what they deserve. A fair and just contract from the bottom dwelling PCL managment.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

The point is that you would not only be helping yourself but future colgan pilots down the road! Have fun getting stapled to the bottom!!!!

Last edited:
Oh that sounds just like most of the colgan 155!!!!!!!!!

instead of bashing the 155, maybe we should figure out why they didn't vote so that this doesn't happen next year. Read the NMB rules on an election. TO vote no, a person should not vote at all OR vote for no representation.

I think the apathetic people were the people who thought this would be a sure thing for alpa. THe others voted by not voting at all. It's time to find a way to change this by next year. THe OC gave it a great run and came really close. But, just like any election if you lose by a close margin you need to get out there and find out why and change those voters minds now. Scare tactics, stickers, and the like will likely harden the resolve of those against representation. Maybe pcl mgmt will give everyone a reason to vote by next year. Hopefully not, but by the resolve of the OC instead. MY .02

I didnt vote at all because I didn't like the chinese food at LGA. Anyway so long Colgan suckas I just got hired by Netjets.

I didnt vote at all because I didn't like the chinese food at LGA. Anyway so long Colgan suckas I just got hired by Netjets.

I think I speak for us collectively when I say, "Don't let the air stair door hit you in the ***."

Just kidding. Congrats if you are serious for once. NJ is a good company.

instead of bashing the 155, maybe we should figure out why they didn't vote so that this doesn't happen next year. Read the NMB rules on an election. TO vote no, a person should not vote at all OR vote for no representation.

I think the apathetic people were the people who thought this would be a sure thing for alpa. THe others voted by not voting at all. It's time to find a way to change this by next year. THe OC gave it a great run and came really close. But, just like any election if you lose by a close margin you need to get out there and find out why and change those voters minds now. Scare tactics, stickers, and the like will likely harden the resolve of those against representation. Maybe pcl mgmt will give everyone a reason to vote by next year. Hopefully not, but by the resolve of the OC instead. MY .02

look we all know the voting rules.

The people who decided not to vote knew what they were doing.

dude. If you did't vote because of the food. Sh!t you had two food options up there.

Well good. Go to a company that has work rules and a Union.

You must be too good for colgan.

Latest resources

Back