• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking Colgan Alpa News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LMFAO ALPO couldn't even get 155 votes at Colgan? Fred Rogers will you still be all those pilots neighbors? Godfather are you now going to hunt down the no voters and whack them? This is a loud and clear message that states pilots no longer have faith in ALPA. Decertification at other airlines both major and regional is surely to follow. In fact I would love to get the ball rolling in decertifying them at my new airline, have to wait til my year is up though.

Boy what happened to all that it will pass propoganda? Don't worry pilots always love free food so im sure ALPA will be welcome to campaign anytime at colgan as long as there is free food.

Hey Newman, you want some free food?

Eat Me.

A state of the Union address from the Godfather will be up shortly....

Here is a new slogan. Instead of lets make it better here is a better one.

LIFE WITHOUT UNION DUES OR HARASSMENT, CAN'T BE BEAT!!

I work for pinnacle, one of my old flight students works for colgan, I asked him last week if he had voted yet and he said no, I asked him what everyone was thinking and he replied "we are all at this airline to just get our 1000 pic and get out of here, why should we vote a union in that is going to take 2% of our pay" I asked him, what are you going to do if another 9-11 hits and you are now going to be at Colgan for another 5-10 years with no contract when the airlines are going to be looking for the cheapest operator. Be prepared colgan people, You are now in the hands of a management that violates our contract everyday, I can't imagine what they are going to do to you.

I work for pinnacle, one of my old flight students works for colgan, I asked him last week if he had voted yet and he said no, I asked him what everyone was thinking and he replied "we are all at this airline to just get our 1000 pic and get out of here, why should we vote a union in that is going to take 2% of our pay" I asked him, what are you going to do if another 9-11 hits and you are now going to be at Colgan for another 5-10 years with no contract when the airlines are going to be looking for the cheapest operator. Be prepared colgan people, You are now in the hands of a management that violates our contract everyday, I can't imagine what they are going to do to you.

If another 9-11 happens why the hell would anyone make a career flying a turboprop? Most people would not stay for 5-10 years they would goto another career if the hiring dries up. BTW we saw what happened to the airline contracts post 9-11. NEXT

Out of curiosity, what was his response to your question ?

This is just in from www.colganpilotgroup.com

I'm at a loss to understand exactly what they think that they have "won". Keeping im mind that one of their founders is now in managment (D.B.). Also, keep in mind that they have NO legally binding contract negotiating power thru the NMB.
I would suggest that ALL Colgan pilots dial in on the routine Thursday "Chief Pilot" conference call and see what kind of "olive branch/carrot" managment is going to extend in the pilot's direction. I'd anticipate some type of pontificating about the future of the company and that Colgan Air will be the largest turboprop regional in the world in 5 years thanks to the "vision" of Colgan pilots for voting...NO, I mean NOT voting at all.
To those Colgan pilots that voted in the negative, I have no axe to grind. As far as I am concerned we can agree to disagree and go about our cockpit bantering, joking, checking out MILFs, etc...To those of you that didn't vote. I am going to ask that you respectfully keep your yap SHUT if you decide you want to complain. This is especially, the case after the Colganpilotgroup gets that .10 per diem raise and buys pizza at recurrent training as matter of company policy.
As for the future of Colgan Air. It is really an open question given the dynamics of the industry, economy and geopolitics. Personally, I think that ALPA would have stabilized the company to a great extent in a time when the company is trying to expand into a new aircraft type and implement a new strategic business plan. I am only guessing, but I think that attrition is going to run higher than the 20% that it ran over the past 7 months since the sale of the company. Perhaps, this is what PCL Holdings wants...A group of pilots that haven't been around CJC for any longer than 3-4 years in the left seat and 23 year old Euro-style MPL F/Os with less than THIRTY hours in an airplane!!! )I read the requirements for the ICAO MPL and it's downright scary!!!). These guys/gals will drink any flavor kool aid the company offers to get a job and pay off the Albatross following them around...(loans).
Finally, and by far NOT LEAST. Thanks to the guys in our Colgan Air Organizing Committee for all the time that they contributed to the effort to improve our quality of life, pay, work rules, etc... I wish that they all find success in their future.
Lastly, what transpires now, and how the PCL MEC acts/reacts? Well, it is effectively OUT OF OUR HANDS as of 1400 local DC time. It is going to be interesting to see what happens and what kind of wild ride we are in store for. In the meantime...FOCUS on flight safety...This IS NOT the time to let our guard down for one second in the cockpit.

Regards,

Ex-Navy Rotorhead

VICTORY!!!!!!

The Colgan Pilot Group is going into effect......... STBY for news.............

Remember its time to heal and reunite the pilot group. NO HATE, we are all one group together.

I have been saying this since day one. None of these people think it will happen to them.

Great post!! Forward thinking. Something this pilot group lacks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back