• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking Colgan Alpa News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirTran, American, Southwest, jetBlue, UPS & Skywest. All are doing just fine without ALPA, thank you very much.

And all those represented buy contract services from ALPA.

UPS got a managment contract and FedEx (ALPA) got a pilots contract..

Airtran is doing fine? ok.....

American is doing fine...agreed...and the others... but thier Washington DC presence is low to nil. Thier int'l representation is very low....

If you take the avg. pilots expectations, which is, what is my union doing for me right now and combine that with his/her understanding of what is workable and pragmatic then you've got a point...

Last edited:
Many regional ALPA leaders have been trying for 15 years to get ALPA to address the regional/major scope issue.

Any many pilots with a chip on their shoulders have plug their ears and refused to listen to the facts.

Evidence: You won't even answer the question I posed earlier: "What are YOU willing to pay for it?"

You're positing an "entitlement" that involves other pilots paying the full price of getting you a good deal. One of those pesky facts is that you're more than wiliing to do their job for less...which is the only reason the "problem" exists in the first place.

There are a lot of cool things I'd like to have too...if I didn't have to pay for them.

Those non-ALPA jobs are only equal or better because those ......
You remind me of that nagging FA, complaining the whole entire time of her 15 kids, and 3 STD's...

Are you going to be able to pay of your GIA bills with your new Air Tran bill?
ALPA rep moving onto a non ALPA carrier....something you want to tell us? You preach ALPA to everyone, but take a job with a non ALPA carrier....Sounds fishy, like your breath.

Not surprising to me at all. Why would any pilot want to give part of thier paycheck to ALPA. What has ALPA done to stop the unbelievable assault on our careers in the last few years? NOTHING. I agree with the previous post that said it is a NO confidence vote in ALPA.

Not surprising to me at all. Why would any pilot want to give part of thier paycheck to ALPA. What has ALPA done to stop the unbelievable assault on our careers in the last few years? NOTHING. I agree with the previous post that said it is a NO confidence vote in ALPA.

Here is but a small part...

When Virgin America was trying to redefine foreign ownership laws, ALPA, ensured that VA played by the rules.

THe concern is once a carrier begins operation here that is foreign owned then the labor becomes foriegn.

And all those represented buy contract services from ALPA.

What's your point? Buying services al la carte gets those pilot groups what they want while not being subject to the dictates of the hard line elephant MECs.

By the way, I forgot one: Horizon. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

UPS got a managment contract and FedEx (ALPA) got a pilots contract...

I'm not sure UPS pilots would agree with your description of a "management contract" but suffice it to say that they don't seem to be beating a path to ALPA's door.

Latest resources

Back