Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What base for the pilots from?

Thanks

Geez, what base were the the pilots from?

Happy?

Geez, what base were the the pilots from?

Happy?

why does that matter? they were wrongfully let go. We need a union.
i've heard recently about a few other things coming down the pipeline. it just keeps getting better and better. that is sarcasm of course. i can't wait until i get a union interest card.

i've heard recently about a few other things coming down the pipeline. it just keeps getting better and better. that is sarcasm of course. i can't wait until i get a union interest card.

Don't wait till you get a union interest card, brother. Go on the internet, get a phone number, make a few calls. YOU can get the ball rolling. Just be discreet.

wrongfully let go? i'm not so sure. when i went through pie, i got to see the pictures, diagrams and reports about the landing event. word is that the feds and ntsb are leaning heavily toward pilot error due to the abundance of evidence to indicate so. the pictures and diagrams will end up as a training scenerio to help train others on how to avoid similar mistakes.

the pictures and diagrams will end up as a training scenerio to help train others on how to avoid similar mistakes.

Training Step 1:

Don't panic and jam on the brakes in an airplane with hydraulically boosted brakes and no anti-skid - I'll never understand that about the Piaggio.

Not saying that it caused the gear collapse, but I'll bet the blown tire mentioned in the NTSB report happened prior to gear collapse.

Ask some of the guys that have been at the company for a while and they can tell you how many junked tires there were early on (blown, flat spotted, etc). Don't know if it has improved as experience in type has been gained.

It's not hard to do with no anti-skid and carbon brakes.

What the fk don't you like about union representation?

Do you like working for peanuts???? With no work rules??

Do you even understand what a labor union is?

It's workers uniting as ONE and standing up to management and fighting for what is right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Ditto!

Bump..

etc..

wrongfully let go? i'm not so sure. when i went through pie, i got to see the pictures, diagrams and reports about the landing event. word is that the feds and ntsb are leaning heavily toward pilot error due to the abundance of evidence to indicate so. the pictures and diagrams will end up as a training scenerio to help train others on how to avoid similar mistakes.

So you must have been talking to CM or TC. Anyone who knows the real facts knows this wasn't pilot error. An uneventful landing leads to a blown tire...the landing gear subsequently collapses after the steering was put in. Why did the tire blow? The FO says he didn't touch the brake. P-180 wheels have locked up for other pilots. There was no side loading, so why did the landing gear collapse? That should be the focus here.
Pictures can't give you all the facts...management at Avantair are doing everything possible to make this pilot error. Of course they don't want the owners to know there might be a design fault with the aircraft or with maintenance.
These guys should have been explaining a blown tire...the landing gear should be able to withstand that. As suggested previously that there was a heavy side loading, why was there a perfectly straight line down the runway? You would think sideloading would cause some swerving marks instead.
How would you know what the NTSB and FAA are leaning toward? There's NO report out yet. Avantair are the only ones leanig toward pilot error. Abundance of evidence...what exactly are you talking about?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back