Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, I know, I don't like unions either.

I'm just wary of them because I came from a place that had the phrase "to the extent possible" all over the contract. That translated into "Let's (mgmt) do whatever we want." When the pilots grieved the violation, it took several months to get to arbitration and many times the grievences were negotiated away to supposedly prevent future violations.

My point being if my interests/needs (family, QOL and such) are best met with direct communication I would prefer that. If I need a middleman to help protect my interests I will gladly pay/help for that service.

For all curious pilots...avantair is not a bad place to work.

U kidding? Two pilots thrown on the altar to please shareholders (allegedly)? The writing is on the wall; noone wants to work at a place where their career can be threatened. You are correct, though, you do need a union.

C

Avantair is run by lawyers.
All pilots had to sign new contracts this year basically stating they don't need a reason to fire anyone. If you don't sign, you don't have a job.
Avantair gave these pilots the choice to resign or be fired all before the NTSB or FAA reports were complete.
It's no surprise Avantair's priority is to butter up the sharholders, feed them with BS, tell them they fired the pilots responsible. Pilot error.....always the reason for an accident right??? Couldn't possibly be a maintenance issue!!!! We need a union, we need one now. Avantair's growth has made us more dispensible, we're just numbers, easily replaceable and you could be fired tomorrow for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's a shame these guys had to take the fall.

Last edited:
the breaks should be antilock, and directional control can get squirlly if used to much, we need to get a statement from ops to let pilots know what happened

If the brakes locked up and the plane got a little out of shape, ie. sideways causing an extreme sideload that could easily exceed the intended design limits of the main gear.
By the way this airplane is suposed to have an antiskid system.

Last edited:
not really a break problem, I ment to say the reverse (beta) range can throw some crazy air across the rudder if used too much

i would like to speculate on the brakes and figure out what happened just like mgmt, but until the proper reports come out... WHICH THEY HAVEN'T, then the only thing i care about is why these guys got ousted for nothing. i also want to know why they didn't have any support from the guys in the room who are supposed to be a voice for them. no more promises or attempted buttering up for me. the list of reasons for a union just keep on growing. its time for a union, and i hope proper progress is being made to get to vote one in.

Latest resources

Back