Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
another thing, i don't think the pilots here are dumb enough to fall for whats going on. the pilots who have been getting complimented these past days do deserve it. i think however, it is just being done to try to offset the damage of forcing those two pilots to resign. i feel kind of insulted if that was the intended gesture. which i feel it is.

another thing, i don't think the pilots here are dumb enough to fall for whats going on. the pilots who have been getting complimented these past days do deserve it. i think however, it is just being done to try to offset the damage of forcing those two pilots to resign. i feel kind of insulted if that was the intended gesture. which i feel it is.

Yeah- it's called a redirect. Avantair is famous for it.

I guess you could say I am bitter at some people at Avantair because they thought it was funny for me to fly myself down to FL and waste my time with an interview when they knew damn well they weren't going to ever offer me a job! In fact I had a panel interview! 3 people sat there and asked me questions I bet those a-holes couldn't even answer if they hadn't looked up the answer themselves. I was even briefed that I shouldn't post what they asked me here because they want to truly try and hire quality pilots. What does that have to do with this thread you ask? Well from what I understand they just forced some quality pilots to resign because a main gear collaped while taxiing in. I was working for a union at another company and it was made very clear to me that any union activities would be thwarted at all costs. The limited exposure I've had with C.M. and E.P. was very disappointing. I say you guys sign the cards and get yourself protected and do it quickly! Who is to say you won't be next? From what I understand the conract at netjets is pretty good! Somebody needs to call the teamsters and get that ball rolling! I'd even call ALPA. I'm sure they would love to get their hands on a fractional. Need the dues!!!

During the conference call management wouldn't comment on the FLL incident, due to the investigation being on-going, so how could they fire the pilots involved?? Don't comment, redirect focus and the problem goes away. Do they think we're stupid!
I guess if anyone finds themselves in a difficult situation they could always get support from the pilot committee!!!!! Who needs a union with them backing you?

I guess you could say I am bitter at some people at Avantair because they thought it was funny for me to fly myself down to FL and waste my time with an interview when they knew dang well they weren't going to ever offer me a job! In fact I had a panel interview! 3 people sat there and asked me questions I bet those a-holes couldn't even answer if they hadn't looked up the answer themselves. I was even briefed that I shouldn't post what they asked me here because they want to truly try and hire quality pilots. What does that have to do with this thread you ask? Well from what I understand they just forced some quality pilots to resign because a main gear collaped while taxiing in. I was working for a union at another company and it was made very clear to me that any union activities would be thwarted at all costs. The limited exposure I've had with C.M. and E.P. was very disappointing. I say you guys sign the cards and get yourself protected and do it quickly! Who is to say you won't be next? From what I understand the conract at netjets is pretty good! Somebody needs to call the teamsters and get that ball rolling! I'd even call ALPA. I'm sure they would love to get their hands on a fractional. Need the dues!!!

Let me get this straight- they told you during the interview that they didnt want you to discuss it on this forum? !!!!!!!
Any company that does that has bigger problems to worry about. Like.....

Why would it matter if they had the respect of the avation community?
Why are they so worried about a union? If they were on the up and up, they wouldn't need to worry about it. Stock price, I assume, is their concern.

Jetpilot007, you should feel good about yourself that this company didn't want you. Means you're doing something right. As for C.M. the only reason he's sitting across the desk from anyone is because he's peering out from his permanent position inside the CEO's butt. The part he hasn't figured out yet is that he's a figurehead- a lightning rod for the FAA- to be sold down the river when the time comes. When that time comes, it'll be cold out there.

Here is the best part they do not want FOs flying PAX legs or metro airport legs.Yet there are about 10 captains that work there that I would not trust flying a dead hooker around a 172 VFR.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back