• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone get a call from Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was thinking about this pretty hard last night, and this all seems so surreal right now. I don't think it has truly set in yet that i actually got the opportunity to join the team. I really don't know what to say or what to do, i can't wait for class to start to show me that it really is true that i got what i have been going after for a looong time. To tell the truth, i don't really even know what to say right now, my entire history with F9 to this point was "whining", for lack of a better word, about why i could not get an interview, and now that i have a job, i really am speechless. I don't know, i guess my whole philosophy here will now need to change to how i can help others to achieve what i have done...and hopefully for all of you, i will not teach them the "whining" technique;) . So, from now on, i vow to help out those as dedicated as myself to getting a chance to shine...granted, i will be brand new and will not know as much as others, but i will still do my best.

Well, again everyone, goodnight, it's 10 am here on the east coast and i am beat.

It is a big help to F9 when you keep your eyes open for perspective future pilots. One thing that has always impressed me about F9 is how +99% of the pilots are such a pleasure to work with. The people make the difference here, literally.

starchkr said:
I was thinking about this pretty hard last night, and this all seems so surreal right now. I really don't know what to say or what to do, i can't wait for class to start to show me that it really is true that i got what i have been going after for a looong time. To tell the truth, i don't really even know what to say right now, my entire history with F9 to this point was "whining", for lack of a better word, about why i could not get an interview, and now that i have a job, i really am speechless. ;) . So, from now on, i vow to help out those as dedicated as myself to getting a chance to shine....

I can tell you definitely have the excitement, good attitude and drive to get on @F9. So to ask the obvious question- any tips on how you got the resume noticed by the H.R. people? I have two letters of Rec. on file, but they are from business people that don't work at Frontier, so probably little help. I can do more if needed, but have run out of ideas for the moment.

Someone suggested that updating your electronic resume on file with airline apps. once a week would help. Any thoughts on this or other ideas? Once again- CONGRATS Starchkr !

Starchkr - That is a great attitude to have! I felt almost exactly the same way. The odds were so long on getting an interview, then to actually GET HIRED? I couldn't believe it. I am eternally grateful to those who helped me on my journey here, and I AM doing my best to pay it forward.

You will hear this in indoc, but I'll reinforce it here in advance: Don't worry about "getting yourself ready" for systems before you get to it. In other words, don't spend any money on "study guides" before you start systems class. It will be a waste of money and time, and could be detrimental. When I was in training, I was told that the only people who busted their checkrides were those who had studied from non-company books. Our Training department is excellent, and you will have more than enough time to learn the airplane as they teach it to you. You can't learn the Airbus from studying a book anyway. So, I know it goes against your instincts, but don't study the airplane before you get to that point. I had no glass time when I started, just to put things in perspective.

starchkr said:
I was thinking about this pretty hard last night, and this all seems so surreal right now. I don't think it has truly set in yet that i actually got the opportunity to join the team. I really don't know what to say or what to do, i can't wait for class to start to show me that it really is true that i got what i have been going after for a looong time. To tell the truth, i don't really even know what to say right now, my entire history with F9 to this point was "whining", for lack of a better word, about why i could not get an interview, and now that i have a job, i really am speechless. I don't know, i guess my whole philosophy here will now need to change to how i can help others to achieve what i have done...and hopefully for all of you, i will not teach them the "whining" technique;) . So, from now on, i vow to help out those as dedicated as myself to getting a chance to shine...granted, i will be brand new and will not know as much as others, but i will still do my best.

Well, again everyone, goodnight, it's 10 am here on the east coast and i am beat.

Hey Starchkr,

Remember little old me. Ya, your old co-pilot at AirNet. I'm going to hold you to that, "So, from now on, i vow to help out those as dedicated as myself to getting a chance to shine" statement. I always thought I was enthusiastic being at AirNet, but after reading your posts, I think you really outdid me. Most AirNet guys will attest that that is hard to do. Congrats, you deserve it. I had a blast flying with you. You were one of the best Captains I flew with at AirNet.

I think it's already past your beer celebration get together, wish I could have been there. You could have helped me make it number 11. Even though it was you that took me from 4 to 10. Stay in touch, and I'll be looking for you in the terminals/employee busses at DIA. Do you think Hawaiian shirt Thursdays will stick at the airlines. We should try it :)

USC328

I know I've asked this before, but does anyone know when the next interview session is or when the emails will be going out? I hate to see this thread die, it's been a huge help. Thanks to all who've contributed and kept us hopefuls in the loop.

I seem to remember something about the next interview being somewhere around just before or after Christmas. I'm sure F9Recruiter or someone else in the know could shed some light on that one for you. I got the email 2 weeks prior and I've heard that's pretty standard. Good luck QRC; I hope you get an interview! starchkr, congratulations again bud...

M3

QRC said:
I know I've asked this before, but does anyone know when the next interview session is or when the emails will be going out? I hate to see this thread die, it's been a huge help. Thanks to all who've contributed and kept us hopefuls in the loop.

We are holding an interview session on December 15, followed by another one on December 21. We will hold 2 - 3 sessions in January, although the dates have not been confirmed yet. The invitations for the remaining sessions in December have been sent.

Thanks

F9Recruiter said:
We are holding an interview session on December 15, followed by another one on December 21. We will hold 2 - 3 sessions in January, although the dates have not been confirmed yet. The invitations for the remaining sessions in December have been sent.

Thanks for the info. Will continue to keep the fingers crossed!

F9Recruiter said:

That's excellent news, there's still hope. Late Christmas presents are just as good as early ones :)
In all seriousness, thanks for the update!

Latest resources

Back