• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone get a call from Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck Gary! It was a pleasure working with you, and i will never forget the opportunity given to me to come and join the F9 team! It is definately everything i thought it would be and more.

F9 Driver (and everyone else)...I am not too up to par on the workings of unions and all, but i did have a question that you may all be able to help me with. We keep mentioning that Lynx will be non-union, what is preventing the new pilots from forming one or being represented by one as soon as they show up on property? Couldn't they have representation from day one if they all voted it in? I don't know, like i said, i am not too sure how they work "exactly" but i would think they would be able to do such a thing, limiting any reverberations throughout the rest of the holding companies owned entities. I also like to think that this is going to be a good thing, bring the outsourced money back in-house to avoid paying Horizon or anyone else those fees and bonuses. Sure i worry about my job every now and then, but I would rather spend my time thinking about how this can positively affect us.

Ok, so back to the original topic...we need more people on the list...the more the better, so bring on the interviews and classes!!!

The new Lynx... Good or Evil?

Hello all. I am fairly new to the group. I too am focused on making Frontier my home. I have been reading everything I can find on the Q400 situation, and how the F9 pilot group feels about it -

Thus far I have read it probably won't be a union? Are they looking to hire street captains as well? I hope Lynx won't be the modern "freedom" and have the industry frown down at the people there. Frontier has a great image that I hate to see get tarnished.

As for my situation: I live in DEN and would love an opportunity to get in on the ground floor flying the Q400 - especially since I have extensive time in that type and flying environment. At the same time I'd rather not have my name on a list..etc.. ya know?!

Anyone have more insight on how they are planning to start? I am awaiting Gary's update as well. Perhaps their might be some "flow-thru" to Frontier?!! Who knows!

I just read that Horizon is ending their contract with F9; so whats next!?

Safe travels! Thanks for your input.

Good

Lynx is NOT anything like freedom or gojets. Lynx is not an alter-ego carrier. They are not using your companies' profits to fund an airline that will end up taking your job, nor are they asking you for a significant paycut. They are simply following JetBlue by adding a very cost effective aircraft to serve mid-size, high-yield routes.

If there intent is to screw F9 pilots, you will know it real quick. If they agree to F9 flying everthing over 80 seats without a fight, you know they are legit. If the company starts fighting for 100 seats, then you will know something is up.

"Lynx is NOT anything like freedom or gojets. Lynx is not an alter-ego carrier. They are not using your companies' profits to fund an airline that will end up taking your job, nor are they asking you for a significant paycut. They are simply following JetBlue by adding a very cost effective aircraft to serve mid-size, high-yield routes."

How do you figure? Where did the money come from then? The stated goal isn't to whipsaw the current pilots, but by the time Lynx is up and running who knows? By then it will be too late to object since the precident will have been established, and Frontier Holdings will be free to do whatever.

"If there intent is to screw F9 pilots, you will know it real quick. If they agree to F9 flying everthing over 80 seats without a fight, you know they are legit. If the company starts fighting for 100 seats, then you will know something is up."

We shall soon see. We can only hope I'm wrong!

Gary.......I want to thank you sincerely for the oppurtunity to interview at F9.

I wish you professional and personal success. Although I will continue to update like mad to get another shot at Frontier Airlines.....ya never forget your first at bat. A lot of people around the company will miss seeing and working with you every day.......

Good Luck.........

Jeff Porter

Lynx is NOT anything like freedom or gojets. Lynx is not an alter-ego carrier. They are not using your companies' profits to fund an airline that will end up taking your job, nor are they asking you for a significant paycut. They are simply following JetBlue by adding a very cost effective aircraft to serve mid-size, high-yield routes.

If there intent is to screw F9 pilots, you will know it real quick. If they agree to F9 flying everthing over 80 seats without a fight, you know they are legit. If the company starts fighting for 100 seats, then you will know something is up.

Funny stuff. You guys had better be real careful about what you let Frontier do. It always seems good in the beginning. Don't put your heads in the sand.

"How do you figure? Where did the money come from then? The stated goal isn't to whipsaw the current pilots, but by the time Lynx is up and running who knows? By then it will be too late to object since the precident will have been established, and Frontier Holdings will be free to do whatever."

If it were like Gojets, they would be buying A330's and flying them oversees, and having another pilot group do it for cheaper.

I think you missed my point. I agree that you should be skeptical. My point was more directed to the last sentence. Wait and see what your management does. If they fight you on scope you will know they are out to whipsaw. But, at the pace they seem to be moving, I seriously doubt they want to upset an otherwise happy pilot group. (if there is such a thing?)

Trust me, working for Mesaba, I know all about b.s management games.

FOrever85 I think you missed my point. I agree that you should be skeptical. My point was more directed to the last sentence. Wait and see what your management does. If they fight you on scope you will know they are out to whipsaw. But said:
I agree with you, and stand by my predictions.

Latest resources

Back