• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annoying things your CA/FO does, 2011 version

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eating with the hot mic on, turning the bleeds off before being cleared for take off on a 90 degree day and mostly being rude to ramp/gate agents, atc, and van drivers.

Eating with the hot mic on, turning the bleeds off before being cleared for take off on a 90 degree day and mostly being rude to ramp/gate agents, atc, and van drivers.

Always noticed that you can tell a great deal about a person by how they treat van drivers........

Not retiring or dying. Or, in the case of my airline, getting arrested and not being senior to me. Annoying.

Post of the century right there, especially the first part.

Here's a piece of wisdom that will endear you to new people that you fly with. When offered a coffee, say "thanks" and take it black (you'll even get a pass for cream and sugar.) When you're old enough to be let into a bar on an overnight, resist the temptation to order an appletini and get a domestic beer. Follow these simple rules and you may have a chance of not being seen as a pretentious prick.

Easy buddy. Have a latte and a micro beer. May cheer you up. Just so your hair doesn't completely burn up.... I'm happy to drink black coffee.

I hate it when you ask for something...like a flaps 40 landing instead of a flas 30 landing....the Cappy says sure what ever you want...then spends the next 10 minutes telling you why you should have selected a 30 instead of a 40. It is not about the flap setting...it is about "Sure whatever you want" followed by a rant of his explanation of why his decision or idea is better. "Don't say whatever you want" if you don't mean it.

Latest resources

Back