Annoying things your CA/FO does, 2011 version

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Uncle Bunkle

Move your giant feed bag/laptop case from the middle of the cockpit.
Quit briefing every freaking detail on the chart for a visual approach.
To the fat slobs: Lose some weight.
Just read the checklist responses, quit adding all your added nonsense to it.
Why are you afraid to tell ATC we will be deviating for WX?
Are you really wearing cowboy boots?

Only 1 really gets me (literally)... Guys eating Tuna.. That smell turns my stomach. I normally don't say anything but do turn the gaspers toward the other guy.

Guys (or gals) who act like they are too good for this job. Okay I get it, you want to move on, don't we all? But that doesn't mean you have to be a slack a** while you're here. Jesus some of you guys would have never made it in this business 20 years ago when your first job wasn't right seat in a RJ, it was flying for some crappy 135 operator single pilot and if you were lucky then you got picked up by a "commuter" airline flying turboprops. 95% of the FOs I fly with do an outstanding job and I couldn't do my job without them. But the other 5% for gods sake get off your cell phone, put down the USA today, quit screwing with the iPad and do your damn job.

Agree with the food and laptop bags. In the CRJ, there's hardly any room in the middle where some pilots elect to put it. One time while trying to get out of my seat, I damn near twisted my ankle trying to maneuver around that thing. Next time, I'm just gonna step on it if you can't take the second to put that crap behind your seat.

But I think the biggest pet peeve is guys who just don't think before committing to an action. The fast ballers, the loose cannons, or the ones who just lack ADM.

These things happen to me also...I have developed a foolproof method of dealing with them...ready? Here it is...

"Hey, can you put that bag behind your seat? It's in the way where it is...thanks!"
"Hey, you need to hang up now, I'd like to get the checklist out of the way."
"Center, we just took 10 left for a buildup." (If your Capt/FO doesn't say it, YOU say it!).

This works every time and saves no end of ranting on a forum where it'll change NOTHING!

1. Asking for shortcuts without talking it over.
2. Saying we don't need to deviate for WX we will be fine. Captain took us through a TS because the radar was "just" showing yellow at FL350. We were in clouds so we just had the radar and i kept asking him to ask for 10 RT/LT.
3. Not flying a cruise airspeed when we are doing a blovk or better trip.

Guys with gel in their hair and people that don't fly standard. The one and only way is by the book.

Latest resources

Back