• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annoying things your CA/FO does, 2011 version

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, I only put my hand on the gear lever 20 out as an aid to help me remember to make sure it goes down. Plus, it may help prompt my FO in case he forgot to put it down.

It's just a non-verbal que to the other guy of what I'm thinking about and a polite way to suggest what he should be thinking about. I've never actually forgotten the gear, mind you, and neither has my FO. I also know there are many systems to keep me from forgetting the gear. But it still seems like a good practice.

As a plus it helps my co-pilots identify me as a tool, because my barking about being standard while I fly my own personal procedures might not have been enough of a clue.

You should see the "diseases" at CAL that dig for gold. I had one to BOG that literally mined for 3 hours. I was busy with my maps out since I've never been down there. All those escape routes and I look over to see this tool digging for gold. Oh well right? Well, I'm looking at the tubes and I see something flick on the screen. I then noticed him flicking his boogers and one landed on my screen. I got one of those wipes and trying to hold back my vomit as I smeared it on my screen. I was so pissed. This Capt had yellow stains under his shirt and looked like he hadn't bathed in weeks. Of course, he was going down to visit his little chicka in BOG. Next morning, he put his left leg up on that foot rest below the CRT tubes and turned the gasper vent to cool his nuts. I smelled a combo of disease and urine for several hours. The only thing that prevented me from throwing up is putting a handy wipe in my hand and sticking it under my nose. Disgusting people...........

At least he didn't unbutton his pants when he put his leg up on the foot rest.

Not so much CA/FO, but other pilots on freq:

You wait a few seconds to make sure you aren't stepping on someone, then check on:
"Good afternoon Minneapolis Center, SKW6340 FL340."

Before center even has a second to begin their acknowledgment:

"Delta's 340 three nine oh"

I think that is my biggest pet peeve. Wait your f**king turn!

How 'bout ironing your damn shirt once a four day!

The people that try and change their voices on freq. They try and lower the pitch and add some rasp to try and sound like james earl jones. But end up sounding like boy george with a sore throat.

Latest resources

Back