• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annoying things your CA/FO does, 2011 version

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
200 is the limitation, if you can't wait till a few knots under to ask for flaps at least make sure you are not a few knots over when you call 8 or 20.

If you are doing a space shuttle approach you probably don't need to add power when the flaps come in.

Yes 200 is now a limitation but it used to be 215 and even that was company mandated. They told us in new hire training that bombardier set it at 230 which is why the high speed cue is still set there.

Wasn't it an AD that Bombardier put out that made it 200 due to the high number of flap failures?

I am sure the FOQA people have the trigger set to record flap overspeeds. I think asa rat is eluding to the fact that the airplane won't fall out of the sky as soon as you hit 199 KIAS and flaps up.

Along similar lines, is the N1 setting given during climb and cruise a ballpark number? If it says 90.0, is 90.1 OK, or are you exceeding a limitation now?

Don't hit speed mode at 250kts with a 20 kt decelerating trend vector.... the resulting 6000fpm descent and 20 degree pitch down is not appreciated by me, the FA, or anybody else in the back.

Anybody else get a bit agitated by day 4 when the other guy won't stop saying "at (insert his last job) we did it this way" followed by "and it was so much better". It took all the way to day 4 for curiosity to wear off and frustration to set in.

There are always some of those in a indoc class...for every thing they learn they have to respond by saying "we did it this way in the Hawker"....who give a $hit...

Yes 200 is now a limitation but it used to be 215 and even that was company mandated. They told us in new hire training that bombardier set it at 230 which is why the high speed cue is still set there.

The linkage is a flexible shaft design. Surely they did not flex much when new, but over time... hence the source of kicking out a flaps fail - too much twist on the drive end and not enough on the outer end.
We still get failures at 200 and on the ramp... I'll take 190 or 195 to add a little insurance I won't create a problem in the air.

700s and 900s have a solid shaft.

The linkage is a flexible shaft design. Surely they did not flex much when new, but over time... hence the source of kicking out a flaps fail - too much twist on the drive end and not enough on the outer end.
We still get failures at 200 and on the ramp... I'll take 190 or 195 to add a little insurance I won't create a problem in the air.

700s and 900s have a solid shaft.

You're a hero.

All of you gen Xrs just want to make me:puke:

Do you really mean that.........considering gen Xrs are now in their mid to late thirties...........

I,m assuming you mean Generation Me..........spiky hair, backpacks, reading the release at the gate with their iPod buds on, and pissed off at the world if they are not a captain on an RJ by their 23 rd bday,.......oh yeah, and swa, jb, fedex, ups, delta, etc owe them a cockpit seat.........

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back