• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annoying things your CA/FO does, 2011 version

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gen X'ers were born in the 1960 '70 and no later than 1982. SoI think you mean Generation Y. These guys are from about the mid '70's to early 2000's. They can be recognized with hair-gel, backpacks, ipod's, sunglasses in the terminal, and a disdain for their job unless the get a trophy at the end of the day..

As opposed to the old guy on my left that brags about how many days off he has and how much money he makes, bitches about the company AND the union, and calls himself a professional all while being 80 lbs. overweight, sleeps in the cockpit, and his uniform looks like #%$#?

...says the 600 hour wonder pilot.

That overweight sleeping Captain has farts with more experience than you. Stop whining and breath deep, you might learn something.

I get kind of irked by capts who are oblivious to the parking break’s position and do random stuff for 5 minutes after the main cabin door is closed. The flight is now late, and we haven’t been getting paid. Over the course of a 4 day, your negligence added up to costing us an hour of pay. Although you say you are laid back, you go on a power trip if I casually ask if you have dropped the break yet.

This same capt will usually bark reprimands at his crew for crossing seatbelts and tidying the cabin on a quick turn, because ‘we don’t do seatbelts on a quick turn.’ The reason your FO and forward flight attendant are crossing seatbelts is because we are done with the rest of our duties and have the time while we wait for the pax, but more importantly, when your FO leaves to do the walk around, you start passing gas in the flight deck, and mistakenly think that no one will be the wiser. You make the whole front of the plane smell like rotten swamp-ass. Head into the terminal bathroom for that, or heaven forbid offer to do a walk for your FO to take care of your incessant flatulents outside.

...says the 600 hour wonder pilot.

That overweight sleeping Captain has farts with more experience than you. Stop whining and breath deep, you might learn something.

I have better things to do than keep my times updated on FI. I am always open to suggestions in the cockpit. It's sweeping generalizations I don't care for.

It's sweeping generalizations I don't care for.

Really? Let's review...

As opposed to the old guy on my left that brags about how many days off he has and how much money he makes, bitches about the company AND the union, and calls himself a professional all while being 80 lbs. overweight, sleeps in the cockpit, and his uniform looks like #%$#?

Yes, I see how you just HATE sweeping generalizations.

Unless you were refering to a specific person. My guess is not.

Last edited:
. . . And snot-nosed, punk, 3,000 hour wonders who figure they know better than I how to fly and manage MY airplane; Those that just don't get that it IS my airplane; And, those that judge what shoes or shirts I should wear or whether or not my physical apearance is up to THEIR standard all while ignoring the written company standard against spiky hair, ipods, backpacks, sunglasses on the head, yakking on their cel. phones during walk arounds, turning off the avionics fans so they can talk in whispers to "snookums", and texting at departure time when it's time to go to work -ESPECIALLY the ones that can't correlate my "WTF" comment to about doing their damn job.

For those that are smart enough to keep it to themselves, I'm at least a LITTLE conflicted at blasting that Que Bueno fart their direction.

When the flying pilot just jumps on the radios just to hear himself.

Or perhaps he just wants to cut out the middle man. Ever hear of the game "telephone chain"? You put the message in one end and see how it comes out after its been whispered around the room. Its amazing how often "the other guy" (regardless of seat) messes up a simple communication request.

When you're old enough to be let into a bar on an overnight, resist the temptation to order an appletini and get a domestic beer. Follow these simple rules and you may have a chance of not being seen as a pretentious prick.

Conversely, your order makes you look like a redneck, unsophisticated Fox News viewer. Personally, I'll take pretentious and sophisticated.

When people whistle with the hot mic on.

Eating with the hot mic on...

Use the hot mic for critical phases of flight. I bought a noise cancelling headset to preserve my hearing, not to better hear you breathe, swallow, cough or eat. And the additional white noise the open mic puts in my headset is a bonus.

Really? Let's review...

Yes, I see how you just HATE sweeping generalizations.

Unless you were refering to a specific person. My guess is not.

You said Gen Y'ers. I said the guy. Glad I haven't had the pleasure to have a captain tell me not to expect a trophy at the beginning of a pairing because of my age...

Latest resources

Back