• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA on Emirates and Etihad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How would ALPA fatten their piggy bank by caving? Is Emirates simply going to write ALPA a check for $100 million?

Obama administration supportive? Says who? Bush administration was supportive of the Dubai Ports World sale - how'd that work out?
By the way, Obama opposed the Dubai Ports World sale. In his opposition, Senator Barack Obama stated 'we're allowing our port security to be outsourced to foreign governments' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Ports_World_controversy

Finally, again, JFK-MXP does NOT meet traditional criteria for granting 5th freedom rights. It is not an underserved route.

sugar, Why do you never provide proof of your claims?

ALPA has no real power to block 5th freedom anyway. Look how strong the Qantas union was, far stronger than ALPA. Now EK will be flying Qantas routes, ie. SYD-LAX on EK equipment.

Hurray! The US airline industry will soon go the way of the merchant marine. Cabotage is here to stay. Ryanair from BOS/LGA for $9.99. Goodbye pesky unions and hello tenuous, at-will employment in the sandbox.

Rejoice boys, maybe your embittered dreams will come true.

Hurray! The US airline industry will soon go the way of the merchant marine. Cabotage is here to stay. Ryanair from BOS/LGA for $9.99. Goodbye pesky unions and hello tenuous, at-will employment in the sandbox.

Rejoice boys, maybe your embittered dreams will come true.

I have no loyalty to EK, just stating the facts from the inside.

for whatever reason I get a lot of ignorant and bullheaded comments from people who have no clue "oh, that can't happen!" "NEVER ever!"

it is happening and it can't be stopped...end of story

I have no loyalty to EK, just stating the facts from the inside.

for whatever reason I get a lot of ignorant and bullheaded comments from people who have no clue "oh, that can't happen!" "NEVER ever!"

it is happening and it can't be stopped...end of story

As long as unions, voters, and lobbyists can influence Congress members, it won't happen here. One Congressman from an airline hub city can throw a wrench in any foreign plan. Sorry Sugarsugar. Have fun in Dhaka.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
As long as unions, voters, and lobbyists can influence Congress members, it won't happen here. One Congressman from an airline hub city can throw a wrench in any foreign plan. Sorry Sugarsugar. Have fun in Dhaka.

Bye Bye---General Lee

no sense in arguing this blue in the face, watch the news, an announcement in imminent.

Emirates has lobbyists too. Very powerful ones when you buy hundreds of 777's and borrow billions from the im/ex bank of United states to do so. and *cough cough*, buy billions in defense stuff and don't forget about UAE oil. Delta lobbyists have nothing compared to the UAE.

Research what happened to Canada when they blocked more than 3 flights a week to toronto.

Dubai port deal is far different than allowing one or two flights a day from JFK-MXP or DFW-LHR or SYD-LAX. It will go un-noticed other than ALPA sending letters to its pilots to contact their congressman.

Do I want to see 5th freedom rights? no, don't shoot the messenger.

Have fun in Dakar, Senegal Mr. Delta guy (See, I also can reduce a discussion into, "my dad can beat up your dad")

Last edited:
no sense in arguing this blue in the face, watch the news, an announcement in imminent.

Emirates has lobbyists too. Very powerful ones when you buy hundreds of 777's and borrow billions from the im/ex bank of United states to do so. and *cough cough*, buy billions in defense stuff and don't forget about UAE oil. Delta lobbyists have nothing compared to the UAE.

Research what happened to Canada when they blocked more than 3 flights a week to toronto.

Dubai port deal is far different than allowing one or two flights a day from JFK-MXP or DFW-LHR or SYD-LAX. It will go un-noticed other than ALPA sending letters to its pilots to contact their congressman.

Do I want to see 5th freedom rights? no, don't shoot the messenger.

Have fun in Dakar, Senegal Mr. Delta guy (See, I also can reduce a discussion into, "my dad can beat up your dad")

I'm not NYC based, so no Dakar for me. Canada still only allows 3 EK flights per week from DXB to YYZ, so not much has changed. Have you seen DL's stance towards the im/exm bank? They are suing them to stop them from giving cheap loans to India etc, so it ain't a win win for EK by a long shot. DL also is considering more airplane orders, so Boeing may be listening to them too. And the US doesn't need UAE oil, ND probably pumps out twice as much per day, we might be exporting it to you guys. Have fun in Khartoum, I won't even be close.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back