• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA on Emirates and Etihad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Emirates is doing lots for American jobs by ordering 100+ 777s. FlyDubai 50 738s

Look for a whopping record order for the 777X at the DXB air show fall '13...all bringing billions of dollars to an American co. and thus Unle Sam. Take the blinkers off.

fv

It seems like the guys in the US who have decent jobs at major airlines can see the light and can remember what this job used to be like. For everyone else it's sour grapes and their rooting for the other team.

Yep...

Emirates is doing lots for American jobs by ordering 100+ 777s. FlyDubai 50 738s

Stop the BS abuse and US airlines might be just as successful as US airplane builders. US leads in all things aerospace, except airlines.

Cut them some slack. They get a free limo to/from the compound. And their FA's are hot. So it's all good.

Hey Goggles. You know they don't have compounds right ? They live in Villas of apartments just like normal people. But you're right, they do get rides to and from work and the FAs are smokin..

Yes, I'd rather work for Delta but the xenophobic misconceptions about Emirates are odd. Eitihad or Qatar on the other hand ......

Last edited:
Sorry. Just repeating what I read on FI as the best selling points of working there.

Yah...the flight attendants are smoking hot..........

That's what I'm looking for in a career.

Yah...the flight attendants are smoking hot..........

That's what I'm looking for in a career.

First year total compensation is about $150,000USD. 42 days of vacation per year. Virtually tax free. Layovers anywhere you want to go. Driven to and from work (actually makes a difference after a long day). Upgrade has been running around 3.5 years on the 777. 130 or so nationalities working in the flight deck.

Not all the FA's are smoking hot but out of a crew of 15+ there are always some hotties. It's not so bad having a Rio layover with 15 girls in their 20's from every corner of the globe. As for the moral laws, Dubai can be as wild as it gets. Just no PDA in public. Nightclubs everywhere and it's definitely a playground for the wealthy. If you prefer the quiet family life that is available as well.

Emirates will fire you if you screw up. They don't tolerate deviating from the company rules. They are very punitive. But the overall experience is as good as any US airline in my opinion. I have to say it's a bit embarrassing traveling on some of the US carriers nowadays. I fly with pilots from everywhere and they all want to know how the US airlines got to be so f@ked up.

If EK ever gets a foothold in the US it's going to be hard on the local carriers. They absolutely cannot compete with the Emirates product. The US needs to step up it's game.

Last edited:
They absolutely cannot compete with the Emirates product. The US needs to step up it's game.

It's not a matter of stepping up our game. EK has advantages in terms of tax policy, labor costs/rules, and financing that western airlines will never be able to duplicate. Why do you refuse to acknowledge this?

I enjoyed this part of ALPAs blurb -

"Furthermore, the U.A.E. airlines do not need to adhere to labor relations rules comparable to those that govern our domestic carriers"

I'd rather work for Emirates than any of the sweatshop regional carriers, and some of the big carriers that ALPA represents.

Amen.

If EK ever gets a foothold in the US it's going to be hard on the local carriers. They absolutely cannot compete with the Emirates product. The US needs to step up it's game.

If US airlines were "state sponsored", and didn't have to deal with pesky labor laws, have unions outlawed, could fire anyone they didn't like, got fuel at government subsidized rate, low landing fees at the home hub,..............I'm sure the US airlines could "step up its game".

The fact is, at the end of the day you work for a quasi government entity in a foreign land where they hate US citizens.

For me, I'm a proud American who believes in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I'll keep my family right here in the best country in the world.

Don't forget to wipe after that burrito dump in sand land.

Latest resources

Back