• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA MEC tells Gary Kelly no thanks..again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1886 hire date! Dang slacker, you must be the most SR pilot in the world with that DOH.

Don't you just love having fun with typos.

And my 84 seniority date with EAL?
And my 89 seniority date with USAIR? (thank god for that date. A little earlier or a little later and I might still be in that mess)

Stable,fair management and employee unions that don't give management the finger and try to burn the house down if they don't get their way has given me close to 22 years of peace and stability. That's what is worrying me and most of the other SWA employees that I have talked to in regards to this deal.

Yeah, Herb is truly a God. I bet those ATA employees that kept their jobs longer before they were sh!tcanned just worship his name every day. I know pilots that feel blessed by their preferential interview. How many were hired again?

This isn't about Herb it's about AT and the difference in how they are looking at seniority/jobs depending on whether they are the hunter or the prey.

NOT true.

After the FL offer, and before the WN offer, HP (AWA) came in with an offer. It was accepted. However, mysteriously, after all parties agreed to terms, including the financing, the financing people backed out. I can't remember, but I think it was TPG that backed out. We were told that it was because Parker didn't really want the B737-800s, but that was not confirmed. What is true is that within a couple of days Herb called George up with an offer. Rumors abounded that Herb had something to do with it. George tells the employees he was going to go back to the FL offer had the WN deal not come about. This was during our concessionary talks.

FL would have "pillaged" ATA.

WN actually did.

Nothing personal. It's just the airline business.

Only partially true, partially conjecture. The AWA deal was scuttled before the AT deal. It was deal that never made it beyond the preliminary stage. Eventually AWA backed out because Boeing wouldn't redo the 757-300 and newer -200ER lease deals and AWA said they were a necessary part of the package. What I said about the AT "deal" was in fact true. The AT offer was hardly a deal and showed total disregard for ATA's experienced front and back end crews. Blame SWA all you want but the codeshare allowed many to work well beyond what the AT deal would have. It gave ATA a chance to turn things around but unfortunately Subodh and his team managed what was left right into the ground. And let's not forget the brilliant buyout of World Airways/North American and it's detrimental effect on ATA's finances. Then there's FEDEX & Omni's roles. Blah, blah, blah, but blame SWA if you wish. All water under the bridge of course, and part of this business as you said.

Back to the original point. AT made no bones about not wanting ATA crews and their union purportedly supported that view -- and now that the shoe is on the other foot they want it all.

Back to the original point. AT made no bones about not wanting ATA crews and their union purportedly supported that view -- and now that the shoe is on the other foot they want it all.

Exactly. How quickly did the 'SW bought us' high, switch to 'why should I lose any seniority'. So where is the fair and equitable?

Last edited:
Personally, DoH should be the ONLY consideration in SLIs. "Career expectations" is pure B.S.QUOTE]

So then when Delta bought Comair and ASA, they should have given those guys DOH?

Don't be an idiot. Did they merge the seniority lists?

Sheesh...:rolleyes:

So if the lists aren't merged, this whole SLI issue goes away? Hmmm. That's what I've been saying for several days.
Don't kid yourself into thinking that the lists HAVE to be merged. Plan B may be more expensive in the short term but from all external appearances, that's the direction where this ship appears to be sailing.

... I hear rumors that Delta's been Jonesing for the 717s. Maybe they'll give DOH if Southwest opts for Section 45 Fragmentation of AirTran??? LOL!
For those armchair lawyers, here's section 45: http://www.wearealpa.org/about/adminmanual/Section_045_Merger_and_Fragmentation_Policy.pdf

roughneck and cruncher,swapa asked for a 6 month extension gk said no more than 3 and at alpa said neither and the mediator agreed with at alpa Thems the facts. As in most things in life the truth was somewhere in the middle with chase spinning it to put swapa in the best light. Y'all be cool!

Runner,

Of course ALPA is going to deny it. They have had so much egg on their face recently, are you surprised? Big question..

Have they sent out an email, or otherwise printed the fact that it wasn't them and it was SWAPA?

We have had more than a few internal sources....that have put it in PRINT that it was ALPA turning down SW. I know who I believe.

RF

Latest resources

Back