• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA MEC tells Gary Kelly no thanks..again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It isnt stupidity at all. I see now where the AT militancy is coming from...these guys are being lied to. I dont believe ALPA will let them or even wants them to get integrated. This has become more about ALPA's interests than AT pilots. The problem is the AT guys have been so beat up by bad mgt they dont believe in managment that actually tells the truth, and cant see the danger of their path. They really think GK is bluffing and posturing, and ALPA national has no problem convincing them of that because of their unfortunate history. "SWAPA fear mongering" and all that. The SWA pilots that know GK, and understand our mgt is different, cannot and will not be able to convince the AT guys that it isnt fear mongering because of the obvious conflict of interest. So there will be a whole new chapter of "hard landings" written about suicide by ALPA after this one.

Last edited:
Bob Fornaro AirTran had "done a lot with not much , but it was becoming less clear that AirTran had the ability to grow and remain competitive since I was put in charge."

Wildcat,

Your are exactly right. They have a hard time understanding these principles. It's been foreign to them for sooo many years, and honestly, not their fault.

Gary doesn't bluff.

Gary this, Gary that, Gary Gary Gary........ Gary is gonna get you! Gary will punish you! Gary is the boogie man! Gary don't play!

You SWA types sound scared ********************less the AT guys might get a fair shake.

From the AT merger update today:

In addition, Dan Katz, SWAPA counsel Jeff Freund, mediator Dana Eischen, and Southwest Airlines Senior Labor Counsel Joe Harris conferred multiple times via teleconference during the week to discuss various mediation and arbitration schedules. During the exchanges, SWAPA pushed for a delay in the arbitration proceedings, which we opposed. Southwest management offered to extend by up to three months their previously stated desire to conclude the arbitration process by December 31. In the end, the arbitration board accepted our position that the following twelve hearing dates should remain in place: October 11-14, November 14-17, and December 13-16. The parties also agreed to reserve January 31 through February 2 for additional arbitration sessions, if necessary. Arbitration hearings will take place in Washington, with times and places to be determined.

Not scared at all.

We've tried to tell the Trannies for months how this could play out with Gary. Absolutely none of them believed us until the Gary letter came out on Monday.

I really don't care at this point, we have tried to let them know he doesn't bluff. The letter basically states that as well. We've heard squat out of some of the most vocal AAI since then. I get that. They need to procede with caution at this point(IMO). SL8 pretty much has the SW pilots backs at this point.

From the AT merger update today:

In addition, Dan Katz, SWAPA counsel Jeff Freund, mediator Dana Eischen, and Southwest Airlines Senior Labor Counsel Joe Harris conferred multiple times via teleconference during the week to discuss various mediation and arbitration schedules. During the exchanges, SWAPA pushed for a delay in the arbitration proceedings, which we opposed. Southwest management offered to extend by up to three months their previously stated desire to conclude the arbitration process by December 31. In the end, the arbitration board accepted our position that the following twelve hearing dates should remain in place: October 11-14, November 14-17, and December 13-16. The parties also agreed to reserve January 31 through February 2 for additional arbitration sessions, if necessary. Arbitration hearings will take place in Washington, with times and places to be determined.

So, basically, this says that alpo shot down the request, and the mediator accepted it (which he has to...he isn't going to say, "c'mon guys, don't you want to delay it too?!").

Which in turn means, you guys are wrong. And have been wrong. And are being continually played and manipulated by your own union. Swapa's story is correct.

Geez, watching you guys handle this is like witnessing a train wreck in slow motion.

So if the lists aren't merged, this whole SLI issue goes away? Hmmm. That's what I've been saying for several days.
Don't kid yourself into thinking that the lists HAVE to be merged. Plan B may be more expensive in the short term but from all external appearances, that's the direction where this ship appears to be sailing.

... I hear rumors that Delta's been Jonesing for the 717s. Maybe they'll give DOH if Southwest opts for Section 45 Fragmentation of AirTran??? LOL!
For those armchair lawyers, here's section 45: http://www.wearealpa.org/about/adminmanual/Section_045_Merger_and_Fragmentation_Policy.pdf

This quote comes from a guy who once said: "Age 65 WILL NOT happen.".

Remember that gem, Andy?

Latest resources

Back