• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA MEC tells Gary Kelly no thanks..again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The aai mec did not deny any request for a 6 month extension. I asked the whole mec this specific question yesterday. Swapa asked for the request and mediator Dana eischon denied their request. Swa and aai want this wrapped up. Swapa is trying to delay.

Or he can treat his new employees
with the wisdom of "The Golden Rule"
He claims to be a religious man, if
he makes the effort to have a fair SLI,
Southwest benefits in the long run.

Kwick, so let me ask you this. If he doesn't make an effort to have what YOU consider to be a FAIR SLI, he is not a religious man? Is that correct or did you have a different meaning?

Runner,

This was taken from our official correspondence:

... During our [NC] meeting we learned that Southwest Airlines has requested a 6-month delay in the arbitration process and ALPA turned down their request. ...

So either our NC is blatantly lying to the entire SWAPA membership, or your MEC is trying to save a little face talking with 1 guy.

Also, why would Mr. Eischen have anything to do with an extension, unless of course he has a new Porsche payment coming up and needs the $$ now!

The extension was asked of ATN-ALPA by SWA and ATN-ALPA denied said request. But by all means, believe whatever you want.

Last edited:
Cruncher,

I tink you nailed it. The MEC is going to deny this until the cows come home. Maybe a statement from Mr Kelly would clear things up.....yet again.

RF

I trust SWAPA and SWA. ALPA declined the offer according to a SWA management pilot I know. Not the smartest move considering GK's concern about the economy. ALPA keeps making Gary's decisions easier.

Oooohhh, you guys got Eischen. SWAPA better make sure he's not the arbitrator or they will be hosed big time. He is very smart but delusional. Make sure to do a three man panel.

And it was just a few years ago. Air Tran wanted to buy ATA's MDW gates and assets and build up a MDW hub. They couldn't get enough AT people together to do that overnight so their offer to ATA pilots and FA's was despicable: ATA's people could continue to fly the "new" Air Tran routes out of MDW but only until Air Tran got their own people hired/upgraded to take over. The ATA people would then get preferential interviews.....wow, what a deal. Instead Herb came in and struck a different deal, keeping ATA peeps employed for way longer than the Air Tran plan would have.

My how attitudes change when the shoe is on the other foot !!

NOT true.

After the FL offer, and before the WN offer, HP (AWA) came in with an offer. It was accepted. However, mysteriously, after all parties agreed to terms, including the financing, the financing people backed out. I can't remember, but I think it was TPG that backed out. We were told that it was because Parker didn't really want the B737-800s, but that was not confirmed. What is true is that within a couple of days Herb called George up with an offer. Rumors abounded that Herb had something to do with it. George tells the employees he was going to go back to the FL offer had the WN deal not come about. This was during our concessionary talks.

FL would have "pillaged" ATA.

WN actually did.

Nothing personal. It's just the airline business.

Oooohhh, you guys got Eischen. SWAPA better make sure he's not the arbitrator or they will be hosed big time. He is very smart but delusional. Make sure to do a three man panel.

Are you 100% idiot, or just crawl out from under a rock? I have see you post, so I know you are not new to the SWA forums

Latest resources

Back