• Start date
  • Watchers 48

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right. Every guy who doesn't like your attitudes is The General. I hope to fly at his airline someday, though. You guys swarm all over anyone who doesn't agree with your own beliefs. It will be interesting to watch your matriculation with the Airtran pilots. Maybe the cockiness level will come down.

Neither was LAX, MDW, BWI, FLL, ATL, EWR, LGA, PHL, MSP, DTW, and on and on...

We'll see you again in 2015 plus or minus 24 months...

So says someone who's own airline can't even do ETOPS. Did you say plus or minus 24 years? A lot of those cities above came about because you were getting planes and didn't know what to do with them. You also did not want EWR, but were handed it by default from the govt due to the UAL/CAL merger, after Airtran decided to get out of there too. But now that you are getting Tunica, Gulfport, and Key West, dreaming about London and Paris is natural, I guess? Keep dreamin!

His argument is BS. Explain how PFT is relevant to those who already had the type from other companies? I've been waiting for a reasonable response, from anyone, explaining why SWA was PFT. The hired pilot paid absolutely no money to SWA for their training. SWA received no compensation from hired pilot. The 737 type is a requirement for employment. How you get it? Well, that's up to candidate.

So, SWA can't afford to give full initial 737 ground school and types to newhires? Oh, that's how they stay profitable, taking advantage of newhires? Is that how it works? SWA just takes advantage of the fact that newhires "accidentally" already have the type in hand? Don't act dumb Say Again. Maybe you equating having the $200 FE written needed for FedEx with the $7000 737 type needed for SWA. You have a hard time equating numbers......

Last edited:
Yep, you cracked the code. A 10 billion dollar company stays profitable by not giving their pilots training on the 737. WOW, what a smart dude you are. Now, go out and be Herb and start your own airline. You know how to do it and be profitable. You the man, will you accept my resume?

So says someone who's own airline can't even do ETOPS.
You evidently haven't heard every some -700's starting 2012 and every -800 we receive will be ETOPS equiped. Now, why would SWA do that? Who's the one going taking it just a little to personal?

Yep, you cracked the code. A 10 billion dollar company stays profitable by not giving their pilots training on the 737. WOW, what a smart dude you are. Now, go out and be Herb and start your own airline. You know how to do it and be profitable. You the man, will you accept my resume?

No, you cracked the code! Why does a $10 billion company STILL do that? I guess that goes away with the AT merger! Yes! Another good thing coming from the AT merger. Many of those 717 guys don't have that 737 type ya know..... And, if I ever did start an airline while drinking Wild Turkey, I would not make people I trusted to keep my airline flying pay their way to come onboard. But, sounds like you would do ANYTHING to get on. But, you just flunked the interview.

Last edited:
You evidently haven't heard every some -700's starting 2012 and every -800 we receive will be ETOPS equiped. Now, why would SWA do that? Who's the one going taking it just a little to personal?

See, you are still learning. I am pretty sure you need FAA approval before you are ETOPS certified. You can buy the equipment all you want, but you have to go through hoops for the FAA before you ACTUALLY do it with paying pax. Tell me you already knew that, right? I fly an RJ and I already knew that. Do you know how to use the VNAV yet? I've read about them if you need help. Maybe the Airtran guys can help you out with the ETOPS stuff, if you'll let them. So nice of them!

Last edited:
Do you know what a textual dp is? When and why you have to use it? Have you had to figure out 2nd segment climb? Or are you one of those guys that thinks when the atis says 1000 broken, it means 1000 msl. I bet when they say "hold for release" you look at the fo and say "so we're good to go?". But then, they don't do that in SLC.

If SWA wants ETOPS they will have it. It is all just a matter of time, money and paper work. If a little company like Miami Air with 8 737's can get 180 minute ETOPS don't you think SWA can. Really? It won't happen over night but I would be willing to bet by the end of 2012(or sooner) it will be done. Assuming they want it. Its not rocket surgery!

The pay issue is already out of the way. Because the ATN pilot group is less than 35% of the combined group, the SWAPA contract is automatically the surviving contract when the pilot groups are merged, and SWAPA is the surviving union. There doesn't have to be a JCBA negotiation. So, in effect, we already have a JCBA. It's just the current SWA contract.

For a second I almost thought PCL was on the right track. He is correct when he says there doesn't have to be a JCBA. But then he makes the mistake when saying he already 'effectively' has a JCBA in SWA's current contract. The problem is that PCL, nor the rest of his MEC, have much control over when (or even if) he and his peeps get to work under the current SWA contract. So to make a slight correction (since the JCBA would cover the time between now and when we're one airline), your JCBA by default is your current ATN contract. Enjoy it, you may be working under it for a while!

Latest resources

Back