• Start date
  • Watchers 48

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well after this is all said and done this thing will turn from a bigger fish to a shark, and Gen nuts is going to be shizzing his pants in ATL.

Straight relative gives some AT guys effective dates of hire at SW BEFORE THEY WERE BORN. Sorry, never going to happen.

Well after this is all said and done this thing will turn from a bigger fish to a shark, and Gen nuts is going to be shizzing his pants in ATL.

How have you guys done against Delta in Salt Lake City? Have you expanded that operation a lot? The ATL airport has some constraints you might not be able to overcome very well. But, you can certainly ask for short approaches. It didn't sound like The General was that nervous......Have you ever been to ATL? The Delta operation there is very impressive.

Last edited:
How have you guys done against Delta in Salt Lake City? Have you expanded that operation a lot? The ATL airport has some constraints you might not be able to overcome very well. But, you can certainly ask for short approaches. It didn't sound like The General was that nervous......Have you ever been to ATL? The Delta operation there is very impressive.

Who the he11 are you, anyway? I can't quite figure it out. We've all come to expect the General's omnipresence, but at least he somehow commands some respect for his opinions.

Now we have you popping up everywhere, and I can't figure out why your opinion matters. I'm pretty convinced it doesn't.

Brother I have flown into ATL many times especially to pick up major shareholders and players that have invested into DAL over the past twenty years When KPDK was not a option. But what I have over heard in the cabin and FBO's relation to DAL was not to impressive. Don't think SWA can get some luv in ATL, think different. Let me guess you are a comair or riddle grad?

The first officers of SWA will have longer upgrade times. The junior FO's much longer. That can be considered a huge loss to some people.

Not at all. Their upgrades will proceed on schedule. If you were in the top 1% of F/Os getting ready to upgrade, you'll still be in the top 1% of F/Os. Likewise, if you are in the bottom of the stack waiting to upgrade, you'll still be in the bottom of the stack. The only guys who will see a slower upgrade are the AAI pilots, who have enjoyed faster upgrades than SWA.

SWA pilots have never been furloughed or taken a pay cut. SWA has never experienced a yearly profit loss. They are very strong without Airtran and will not be any stronger. Maybe more profitable but that is a gamble. No slam dunks in the airline business.

Absolutely correct, no slam dunk in the airline business, and its also not a slam dunk that SWA won't eventually post a yearly loss, or furlough.

From your Airtran seat. Not from my SWA seat.

I'm not at Airtran, just a nuetral observer.

That was the whole point that Mack is trying to convey. But the Airtran pilots think that is an arrogant, selfish thought. And there is nothing that can be said to change the minds of the Airtran pilots on this board. The SWA pilots have a different perspective. And I don't personally know one SWA pilot who chooses their schedules based on routes. Isn't "routes" something from the sixties anyways?

I know lots of pilots who choose their schedule based on routes, but I'll concede that at SWA every route must be the same old, same old.

Your point about perspective is valid, it all depends on where you sit. My perspective comes from someone without a dog in the fight.

If I were the carrier being acquired, I would want to think that to.

It doesn't matter who acquired, who in a SLI. The nature of a corporate transaction doesn't allow one pilot to buy another pilots seat just because the BOD at each carrier entered into a transaction. Delta bought NWA, AWA bought US, so what.

Captain Mack is right about the talk around the SWA pilots on the opinions from AT pilots from this forum. When you are not in the room, opinions are not very nice.

Who cares.

I truly do hope this works out well for all of us so we can be one big happy family. So far, not so good.

I hope it works out for you too.

The first officers of SWA will have longer upgrade times. The junior FO's much longer. That can be considered a huge loss to some people.

Not at all. Their upgrades will proceed on schedule. If you were in the top 1% of F/Os getting ready to upgrade, you'll still be in the top 1% of F/Os. Likewise, if you are in the bottom of the stack waiting to upgrade, you'll still be in the bottom of the stack. The only guys who will see a slower upgrade are the AAI pilots, who have enjoyed faster upgrades than SWA.

SWA pilots have never been furloughed or taken a pay cut. SWA has never experienced a yearly profit loss. They are very strong without Airtran and will not be any stronger. Maybe more profitable but that is a gamble. No slam dunks in the airline business.

Absolutely correct, no slam dunk in the airline business, and its also not a slam dunk that SWA won't eventually post a yearly loss, or furlough.

From your Airtran seat. Not from my SWA seat.

I'm not at Airtran, just a nuetral observer.

That was the whole point that Mack is trying to convey. But the Airtran pilots think that is an arrogant, selfish thought. And there is nothing that can be said to change the minds of the Airtran pilots on this board. The SWA pilots have a different perspective. And I don't personally know one SWA pilot who chooses their schedules based on routes. Isn't "routes" something from the sixties anyways?

I know lots of pilots who choose their schedule based on routes, but I'll concede that at SWA every route must be the same old, same old.

Your point about perspective is valid, it all depends on where you sit. My perspective comes from someone without a dog in the fight.

If I were the carrier being acquired, I would want to think that to.

It doesn't matter who acquired, who in a SLI. The nature of a corporate transaction doesn't allow one pilot to buy another pilots seat just because the BOD at each carrier entered into a transaction. Delta bought NWA, AWA bought US, so what.

Captain Mack is right about the talk around the SWA pilots on the opinions from AT pilots from this forum. When you are not in the room, opinions are not very nice.

Who cares.

I truly do hope this works out well for all of us so we can be one big happy family. So far, not so good.

I hope it works out for you too.

Great post. The SWA guys need to read this.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Who the he11 are you, anyway? I can't quite figure it out. We've all come to expect the General's omnipresence, but at least he somehow commands some respect for his opinions.

Now we have you popping up everywhere, and I can't figure out why your opinion matters. I'm pretty convinced it doesn't.

This from a guy named "boytoy.". Listen, I agree with a lot of what The General states, and I want to fly at his airline too. If that makes me his "little buddy", then sobeit. Please remember also that anyone can give opinions on this board, and if you choose not to read them, then that is your right. You SWA pilots really are closed minded and "in to yourselves.". I will personally enjoy watching how your SLI turns out. It couldn't happen to a better group of jackwagons.

Brother I have flown into ATL many times especially to pick up major shareholders and players that have invested into DAL over the past twenty years When KPDK was not a option. But what I have over heard in the cabin and FBO's relation to DAL was not to impressive. Don't think SWA can get some luv in ATL, think different. Let me guess you are a comair or riddle grad?

That sounds like you know very little about ATL. Great, you flew in there a few times on the corporate side. First, you can't just turn an airport into your operation when it is currently overrun by Delta. They have something like 70 percent of the flights there now. For every 1 Airtran 717 that lands, 5 Delt 757s follow it. Airtran has about 1 terminal worth of gates, and Delta has five. You may try to increase the number of flights per day per gates, but the airport volume may restrict that plan. Good luck with that!

This from a guy named "boytoy."

Really? This isn't high school.

Listen, I agree with a lot of what The General states, and I want to fly at his airline too. If that makes me his "little buddy", then sobeit. Please remember also that anyone can give opinions on this board, and if you choose not to read them, then that is your right. You SWA pilots really are closed minded and "in to yourselves.".

Look, what I mean is that usually when people have such strong opinions on the subject matter, it's because they are somehow involved or affected by it. "Skin in the game," if you will. Looking at your profile, presumably still being a 145 driver (not knocking it, just concluding that you don't fly for either WN or AAI) I was just wondering how you could possibly feel so strongly that you make statements like:

I will personally enjoy watching how your SLI turns out. It couldn't happen to a better group of jackwagons.

Latest resources

Back